Need Advice Producing and Packaging Rubs & Sauces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im looking for a jelly recipe, a jar, someone to make it, market it and pay the taxes. I got a name. KY Jelly. :P

A little help from you guys would be nice..

I agree with Texana (Big Surprise!) I am in manufacturing and I do not offer advise to competitors. If you were in NE Ohio, and looking for advise on how to start a BBQ catering business, I would not give it. Nothing personal Mike, that is just how I see it. Anyone who wants to help you out, well, that is his business. I think you are smart enough to figure it out on your own. I respect Texana and his opinion and, I'm watching his back is all. WM ;)

Thanks Woodman.

I understood his point from the beginning. I also think the guys that answered are great and don't have to worry about me taking 1 penny away from their business.

peace and thanks for yer time
<><

Woodman said:
I agree with Texana (Big Surprise!) I am in manufacturing and I do not offer advise to competitors. If you were in NE Ohio, and looking for advise on how to start a BBQ catering business, I would not give it. Nothing personal Mike, that is just how I see it. Anyone who wants to help you out, well, that is his business. I think you are smart enough to figure it out on your own. I respect Texana and his opinion and, I'm watching his back is all. WM ;)

I agree and disagree on this subject. Sure it "could" hurt the helpers business in the long run, but if you have a good product or service to begin with your current and future customers will still be loyal. If they go to the competitors product they just happen to like it better, whether you helped them out or not. So, I guess my point is besides giving out my recipes or other information that would directly effect my sales, I'm more than willing to share anything I can to help someone else get started out doing something they love to do. There's a crap load of rub makers, sauce makers and caterers out there, helping someone else really isn't going to hurt anything. But hey, it's your perogative to help or not. Not saying it's wrong not to help..........

Thanks guys. This is one of the reasons this is one of the best bbq sites.

Thanks again
peace
<><

Woodman said:

Thanks Woodman. It appears to me that if a person is not a "regular contributing member" then their opinion is not really wanted. Or could it mean that if your not a "regular contributing member" you cant have an opinion?

Since I am not real sure maybe someone would be willing to explain it to me?

Could it be a post count thing. If you do not have a gazillion posts then you can not have an opinion? Or maybe only if you agree with everything everyone says, then you can have an opinion as long as it agrees with everyone elses?

I must admit it gives me the warm fuzzies knowing I cant have an opinion unless it is the party line of those that think they have all the answers.

One thing I can say ... this post will probably bring out somebody's opinion!

I listen to, and respected your opinion and was glad you made the that point.

I'm glad others helped but I had no problem with your thought, opinions and such.

Have a great day Sir and continued luck with yer products
peace
mike

dustaway said:
Mark this down in the history books I agree with Mr Pirate I too value your opinion even thou you have a low post count the value in your post is far superior to the mega count posters

Falls off Peg Leg laughing.
Anything is possible man! Get to know me and we'll be friends. Trust me.

peace to you man
mike

Texana said:
Woodman said:

Thanks Woodman. It appears to me that if a person is not a "regular contributing member" then their opinion is not really wanted. Or could it mean that if your not a "regular contributing member" you cant have an opinion?

Could it be a post count thing. If you do not have a gazillion posts then you can not have an opinion? Or maybe only if you agree with everything everyone says, then you can have an opinion as long as it agrees with everyone elses?

I must admit it gives me the warm fuzzies knowing I cant have an opinion unless it is the party line of those that think they have all the answers.

Craig, I hope this wasn't because of my post? If so, I either termed my response incorrectly or you misunderstood my post, or a combination of both. Whatever the case may be, there's obviously a misunderstanding and I apologize for that. Like the old saying goes, "opinions are like assholes, everyones got one". Whether someone is posting for the first time or for the ten thousandth time, they still have an opinion. Doesn't mean everyone has to or is going to agree with it. Some people have different philosophies than others as well. Anyways, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Larry Wolfe said:
Texana said:
Woodman said:

Craig, I hope this wasn't because of my post? If so, I either termed my response incorrectly or you misunderstood my post, or a combination of both. Whatever the case may be, there's obviously a misunderstanding and I apologize for that. Like the old saying goes, "opinions are like assholes, everyones got one". Whether someone is posting for the first time or for the ten thousandth time, they still have an opinion. Doesn't mean everyone has to or is going to agree with it. Some people have different philosophies than others as well. Anyways, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Larry,

No apology needed nor required. It had nothing to do with your post.

Back
Top Bottom