Need a tested and true 3, 2, 1 Method for Baby Backs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3 Olives

Senior Cook
After waiting 3 years I have a WSM sitting behind me. Everytime I had the money in hand something came up. If you have 3 kids driving and 2 in college you can probably relate.
Anyway, I want to do a few shorter cooks before I go to my favorite - Boston Butts. I've seen several posts on the 3, 2, 1 method for Baby Backs but there appear to be variations. If someone has a tried and true method - please post it. There are no guarantees in life except - I don't want to screw up my first smoke.
Thanks!

I would do it 4 0 0 . You have good control with a wsm and the enviroment is moist compared to an offset smoker. I just smoke them at 250 till they past the bend test which takes about 4 hours for bb's

If you insist on using foil then do them 2 .5 .5 or till they pass the bend test cuz they aren't going to take near as long as spares.

Cliff H. said:
I would do it 4 0 0 . You have good control with a wsm and the enviroment is moist compared to an offset smoker. I just smoke them at 250 till they past the bend test which takes about 4 hours for bb's

If you insist on using foil then do them 2 .5 .5 or till they pass the bend test cuz they aren't going to take near as long as spares.
Cliff,
I would like to keep it as simple as possible and skip the foil. Thanks!

Ditto. Only thing I would add is to splash them with a real thin sauce every 30 minutes.

Wrapping in foil is a crap shoot and you will have to look at them just as much to keep them from falling apart and turning into mush.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom