Need a new charcoal grill. - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2020, 09:24 AM   #1
BBQ NOOB

Need a new charcoal grill.

I am new to this forum but have a big question. I am looking for a top quality charcoal grill. I would like something rectangular. I have a nice smoker Meadow Creek BX50 so this is about grilling. I would like to be able to adjust the high of the coals as well. I did see the M Grills B2 and thought it was cool but Iím new to charcoal grills. Lovesome recommendations. Iím sorry but I have to admit Iíve been on propane for 47 years. (Feels good to get that off my chest). Thanks for listening. Thanks Hey

Toraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
Administrator

How much grill space do you need?

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
BBQ NOOB

Hello there!
Not long time ago I was searching fro charcoal grill too, so I have some sources, I will leave it here for you, more @ jonsguide.org
I hope that will help you!
reymitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:59 AM   #4
BBQ NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toraso View Post
I am new to this forum but have a big question. I am looking for a top quality charcoal grill. I would like something rectangular. I have a nice smoker Meadow Creek BX50 so this is about grilling. I would like to be able to adjust the high of the coals as well. I did see the M Grills B2 and thought it was cool but Iím new to charcoal grills. Lovesome recommendations. Iím sorry but I have to admit Iíve been on propane for 47 years. (Feels good to get that off my chest). Thanks for listening. Thanks Hey
Hi, Toraso!
As Janet already asked, how much grill space do you need? Plus, what's your budget?

As for rectangular, well, that's a bit tricky. I think it would be a little tougher to clean a square cooker, especially in the corners - from my experience at least. With a round bottom gravity does most of the work when draining grease.
Also rectangular shape allows nowhere for the moisture to run and collect, therefore dripping on you food. Rectangular design is used mostly for upright, or vertical, smokers because the moisture is let out of the top via exhaust (like in mine Dyna-Glo).
If the reason is that you want more cooking space, I'd go with Weber Ranch grill. It's a serious thing, not a toy-ish grill and just have a look at this bad boy. Pic is from the internet, but it looks impressive.

I have two smaller ones (22" and 26"), it's more than enough for family gatherings/parties/donation events and such. Also easier to carry around + cheaper.

If you have any additional details or questions - feel free to reply, I'd be glad to help.
Grilljack is offline   Reply With Quote