NC & Texas bbQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pete1

Assistant Cook
Another naive question.

What is the difference between NC and Texas bbq other than the sauce? Is there a difference in cooking method?

Thanks, Pete

Cooking styles can vary and be similar too. The NC folks I have hung out with in the past seem to like direct cooking over hickory coals..which is a preferred style of a bunch of Texas folks who sub out Oak and/or Mesquite for the wood ration. Have noticed that style is popular in the Hill Country and among those groups with German-Chezk ancestry. Bunch of the indigenous rednecks seem to have become addicted to using log burning offset creosote factories for some strange reason. Direct over the coals is the best there is.

One (the original one...which was settled first?) is so much better than the other.
The best one uses pork, the other (it's good, too, just not as good;)) uses beef.

:D:D:D

BOB

Yes..agree to that. In the Carolina's its all about pork..which is also popular in God's Country..but cows usually get top billing.

Yeppers..thinking it bound to have been a drunk imbred peckerwood from GA who thought up the mustard deal. Just guessing..lol. Actually..it aint bad..lol.

I shoulda knowed the sharks would smell blood in the water on that deal. In fact started to start lying big time and say the mustard stuff aint no good..but then it could hearken a person back to this person I know who has made a good part of his living for a good many years in his bbq sandwich deli operation mixing Cattlemens Gold and Regular 50/50 or to taste..I like a little less of the mustard flavor personally..and enough Mrs. Buttworths pancake syrup to make it sweetish. Swear there is some yups in the DFW area who drive fifty miles one way just to buy his sauce. Life just aint fair is it?

Hey Cappy..glad to see your smiling prose around here. Hope you still saving us that bullet in the shirt pocket. There is trouble makers on here..lol. I have a gastronomically inclined pal who has took the eating tour. He say KC got the best. I actually aint ever found any good storebought bbq here in God's Country. I guess He blessed us in other areas.

gotta get a new bullet after firing that warning shot over your bow. I'm hearing there is big ammunition shortages....not good news for a deputy with so much crime to deter.

Its real sad. I told them nut heads dont vote for that nice young man. Heard a deputy type pal just the other day begging on FB for somebody to sell him .40s. What is nearly as bad is the folks who bought up all the nice AR's is now finding the price is dropping. Guess it takes bullets to make them work is all I can figger..lol. I have forty plust 13 in the launch tubes. Think that should be plenty for the typical attack of blood thirsty zombie and/or space aliens. No use to try to squabble with the big dawgs..since as the man say one time..They got much mo bigga and betta guns that what we got. Plenty of bullets too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom