My Take on the popular and locally famous GriffLoaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dfi

Cook
I realize I haven't been around here near long enough to go messing with peoples recipies so at the rist of offending someone I played with some griffloaf. I added some red peppers and bbq rub, used turkey sausage and omited the Parm. I also added bbq sauce to the catsup, mustard and brown sugar sauce. a hit with most of the family and I loved it.

I built a pretty hot fire with hickory chucks and lump charoal so I could run about 300 degrees
img_241769_0_144743a69c5d315d6bf045646f8a8f64.jpg

On the smoker with some baked beans
img_241769_1_ae4093f30eb8cee562e3fc8354642f9c.jpg

Sauced and almost done
img_241769_2_86f34c27d4dbcfb06b90be00cf8e0c99.jpg

sliced and ready for dinner
img_241769_3_fcfddbab9d23b90dc5b675459618484d.jpg

time to eat
img_241769_4_c9eea18e5b48eff88bfcfd1df7dd0428.jpg

Well not sure that pass for an official version of Griff Loaf (now did that one have any Walrus Blubber?) Just checking. I mean a person can only screw with a recipe so much till then they need to proclaim it has a new name so to speak. Meatloaf formulas is like coolas..i.e. everybody has one:) Ann Lander's supposedly has the best last time I checked.

bigwheel said:
Well not sure that pass for an official version of Griff Loaf (now did that one have any Walrus Blubber?) Just checking. I mean a person can only screw with a recipe so much till then they need to proclaim it has a new name so to speak. Meatloaf formulas is like coolas..i.e. everybody has one:) Ann Lander's supposedly has the best last time I checked.

walurs blubber? i didn't see that in the recipie....to bad cause i have 10 pounds in the frezer and have no idea what to do with it....hmmm....next time :)

Well yes I would dunk it down in there. Or you could emulsify it in the blender and use it for a dry skin remedy. That is most likely whut keeps my girl friend Sarah Palin looking so young and purty even though she is out on the tundra gutting caribou quite a bit.

bigwheel said:

Next time I see her, i'll have to look at her Coolo. Thanks for the head up BW :D

bigwheel said:
I agree with BigWheel; I think once you change a few ingredients it becomes a whole new piece of edible art; and what you made was outstanding looking (Good Jog :D ).
So I think this is now the dfiLoaf

Well dfi dont really cling to the vocal cords or ear drums real well..how about Diffy Loaf? I drug up Ann Lander's old recipe. I can see just where to plug in the walrus blubber and parmesium cheese so to make it fittin.

TimBear said:
bigwheel said:
I agree with BigWheel; I think once you change a few ingredients it becomes a whole new piece of edible art; and what you made was outstanding looking (Good Jog :D ).
So I think this is now the dfiLoaf

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom