My New Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
My Brother-in-law gave me his homemade smoker. The smoker is awesome! I am so excited! He does metal work and he made this for himself and he decided to make himself a new smoker so he gave this one to me. Now my question is what is the easiest way to make this smoker mobile? I was thinking about getting it welded to a metal trailer. But all of the cheap trailers have wood floors. I am of course trying to do this as cheaply as possible. Any ideas??

ddog27 said:
My Brother-in-law gave me his homemade smoker. The smoker is awesome! I am so excited! He does metal work and he made this for himself and he decided to make himself a new smoker so he gave this one to me. Now my question is what is the easiest way to make this smoker mobile? I was thinking about getting it welded to a metal trailer. But all of the cheap trailers have wood floors. I am of course trying to do this as cheaply as possible. Any ideas??

I find old camping trailers all the time. People dont mind getting rid of them once they start falling apart. I use the frames for my smokers. Takes a little modifications but what do you want for free to very cheap trailers. Old boat trailers work to.

Ditto on old camper or boat trailers. Mine is an old pop-up camper trailer modified and works perfect for us.
You lucky guy! Congrats!

ddog27 said:

I'd go to the bone yard and get a rear axel from some jap front wheel drive buggy and mount that on some 3 inch channel iron and angle that to a 1-1/2 inch of square tubing to mount a ball hitch. That way if you mount it to the legs of the pit your not breaking your back using it,plus you can move the axel where it's balanced the best for towing. Less than $ 50.00 bucks should get the job done. Nice pit!

Back
Top Bottom