My Frozen Few Practice Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
27* here, sleeting and we still have a little of the snow on the ground from the other day. Yeah, I know that I am not on the list for the frozen few but we southerners do cook in cold weather. Dont you Yankees laugh at my snow picture.

I have 4 butts, 2 briskets and 3 racks of spares on. The more I use these WSM's the more impressed I am. Temps holding steady and the vents are at less than 1/4 open.

Jim Babek said:
Looking good. Nice to see someone else using the Tidy Cat bins too. I use them to store smoke wood chunks. neat and stackable.

Yep, keeps the wood dry and travels well too.

Bruce B said:
They didn't close down the schools did they after that blizzard?

Bruce funny you mentioned it.............yes they did in Fauquier County where I live. They closed early on Wednesday and all day Thursday.

Looks great Bill, makes me anxious to do some Q this weekend.

Your top grate looks really black, is that just from the cook or have you replaced it? Just curious.

butts look good, Bill....wow, that's quite a blizzard you had there! Almost looks like a potential snow drift there...so, they cancelled school for that? maybe there was too much snow for the one plow to handle....

16 degrees here this morning....

2 butts going on tomorrow morning for me.....

Rob

While living in VA years ago, they closed school based on a prediction. It never snowed at all during the whole winter.
Government aid would be asked for if a snow drift formed.

Looking good Bill The Froze Guy :shock:

Cappy I'd take that weather anytime compared to what we get up here ;)

Those butts are looking good Bill. Y'all can have all the snow there is, I shoveled enought of that crap to last a lifetime.

Do yall use fireplaces up there? I know that is a dumb question, but I had to ask. We don't even light ours up.. I would like to see some pics of your fireplace.. Do you hang Christmas stockings from it? We have 4. Me, wife, dog #1 and dog#2...Enjoyed the snow pic!!!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
27* here, sleeting and we still have a little of the snow on the ground from the other day. Yeah, I know that I am not on the list for the frozen few but we southerners do cook in cold weather. Dont you Yankees laugh at my snow picture.

Bill, how do we know that is snow from a blizzard? Do you have any pics of it actually snowing? No pics = no weather. You coulda just used a Slurpee cup to disperse your icemaker.

We got a whole 3" in Fairfax County which qualified for a mixed bag of classes either being delayed 2 hours or getting out 2 hours early for both days. Talk about a mess. Would have been less traffic to just ignore the snow and let everyone get up at 4am for their regular commutes.

No comment here....cuz I can't prove that I gotz a good 15" + on top of my kettle.

I can't prove it cuz my camera doesn't read any of the cards. :cry:

No, no... PLEASE....Don't cry for me....Come on now people... Please.... Stop....It's OK!!!

That means a new Canon A570 for me for an early Xmas :) woot woot !

7.1 Gigawatts! and movie mode!

But yeah... Bill.... Your "SNOW" is total crap. :P

Back
Top Bottom