My First Pork Loin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
I am with you. Smoked pork loin IMO is bland. I think stuffing it would help. That is something I hope to try soon.

Chris

I agree, not much flavor no matter what you do to it.
Leftovers are even worse.

gotta agree on this one. I make them from time to time, stuffed, rubbed, etc....and company loves them...but to me they taste like rub and stuffing, Makes it ok every now and then, but not too often.

Ok well yall drug it outta me. You got to marinate it 3 days in Kraft Catalina dressing and then shoot it up with Tony Chacheries Pecan Praline Ham marinade from Acadamey Sports and grill it fast like Finney says. Last two hours shoot it up with FAB P. Dont never break 150. You need the rib end of the loin. The loin end is a little dry. This won the kids cookoff at Traders Village a few years back. Thats all I know.

bigwheel

Finney said:
I grill em.
A couple years ago I found a good way to make use of loin leftovers on the Virtual Weber Bullet site.

VWB said:
Mighty Fine Leftovers

I read about this approach to pork loin leftovers in a post on The BBQ Forum that was attributed to Ray Lampe, aka "Dr. BBQ".

Cut a nice, thick slice of loin, apply your favorite rub to both sides, then grill each side over medium-high heat for a few minutes on your charcoal or gas grill.

You can see the result here with a slice of the orange juice loin. It's fabulous. In fact, you'll probably think it tastes better as leftovers than it did the first time you ate it. It's smoky, it's well-seasoned, it's got those sexy grill marks. It also takes care of any red meat near the bones.

It's my understanding that Dr. BBQ serves this (without the bone) on a bun with grilled onions!
In addition to the grilled onions, I use my favorite sauce (Scott's). It makes a great sandwich. :)

--John 8)

Unity said:
Finney said:
I grill em.
A couple years ago I found a good way to make use of loin leftovers on the Virtual Weber Bullet site.

VWB said:
Mighty Fine Leftovers

I read about this approach to pork loin leftovers in a post on The BBQ Forum that was attributed to Ray Lampe, aka "Dr. BBQ".

Cut a nice, thick slice of loin, apply your favorite rub to both sides, then grill each side over medium-high heat for a few minutes on your charcoal or gas grill.

You can see the result here with a slice of the orange juice loin. It's fabulous. In fact, you'll probably think it tastes better as leftovers than it did the first time you ate it. It's smoky, it's well-seasoned, it's got those sexy grill marks. It also takes care of any red meat near the bones.

It's my understanding that Dr. BBQ serves this (without the bone) on a bun with grilled onions!
In addition to the grilled onions, I use my favorite sauce (Scott's). It makes a great sandwich. :)

--John 8)

Scotts... There might just be hope for you. LOL

Back
Top Bottom