My first Griffloaf/ food safety

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whmaine

Cook
Hey, y'all.

I made my first Griffloaf yesterday late afternoon, probably brought it in around 6:30. We set it in the oven for safekeeping while my missus finished up the sides, and we got the little guy set up with some food.

I actually followed the recipe (hey, first try and all, mess with it on future versions) and it was amazing. Looked great, had a smoke ring, and I combined catsup with some mustard and a small hit of maple syrup for a sweet red sauce.

After serving dinner, I tucked it back in the oven to keep it away from the cats.

We did the rest of our evening stuff, and went to bed.

I found my precious, tasty griffloaf in the oven this morning. Almost 12 hours after it left the smoke. Frantic googling led to a discussion of commercial kitchen requirements compared to a home kitchen. Most of those folks would risk it for themselves but not anywhere/anyone but home.

It was wonderful, amazing, and inside my turned-off oven for probably 11 1/2 of the 12 hours. I hate to lose the food. The wife is willing to kinda watch and wait to see what happens to me before making her own call.

What would you say?

Yep..dittos to what Buzz said. That is a bit too long to leave out of the cold storage area. Prob be ok but might make a person nervous about it.

Not worth the risk. Puke and crap your brains out for a day or so ? Not this cat. Don't feel bad, I had to chuck a whole chicken one time. I set the timer on the stove from now on as a reminder.

Pigs

Heck, if Bigwheel's nervous about it, I'm nervous about it. I've seen 'im willing to eat other things out for 9 hours...

Sad, but I guess I have a consensus.

Damn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom