My Block Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Holy Sh** everything went Incredibly Great!! Thank you guys for your help. I started 4 - 6lb. shoulders/picnic at about 3:30am cooked them at 225 (in my WSM) till about 1:30pm. Wrapped 2 and put in a cooler @ 190 and wrapped the other 2 and let them sit inside the WSM for about 2 more hours while it cooled to about 200 then I pulled them. The 2 i put back on the smoker were way way better tasting. A BIG lesson learned there i think. About 70 - 85 people showed up and i received several compliments on the pork! I served 24 hamburgers - 32 Hot dogs and about 20lbs of Pulled pork. Ill post some pics as soon as i get them. Weather and everthing cooperated PERFECTLY! Thanks again for all the help. db :D :D 8)

ill go home and try to post pics from work today. The boy had hockey last night so i didnt have time and i still need to get some pics from the neighbor. thanks! Im still on cloud 9

dollarbill said:
About 70 - 85 people showed up and i received several compliments on the pork! I served 24 hamburgers - 32
Hot dogs and about 20lbs of Pulled pork.

About a .25 of a pound or less of pulled pork for each person and
a burger for every forth person
dogs for a little more then 1/3 of them......

How the hell did you get out of there alive???? :shock:

80 or more people smelling good BBQ cooking and then wiping
their tongues with only 1/4 pound of PP.....
lucky they didn't lynch ya ;) :LOL:

img_156714_0_5a95011536af70df1f324f2a29178de7.jpg

theres one from the almost start

IMG]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb94/magicphotobucket/P1010067.jpg[/IMG]

img_156716_0_4cd929cef48ff2bac973a50a617ddab0.jpg

sorry no close ups. I thought i did but ill post party pics as soon as i get some from the neighbor. sorry for the big size!

The weather has been bitc*in here. A little windy here and there but that day was PERFECT all day / all night. Ill try for more pics tonight from my neighbor. She was snappin pics here and there (when i saw her)

I am a little confused on what you did with the smoker and the cooler.

Did you put two butts back on a cold wsm to cool or did you let them cook for a couple of hours longer ?

you are ready to party!!! i see you got that Hawaiian shirt i never party with out one make the food taste better... :LOL:

Cliff H. said:
I am a little confused on what you did with the smoker and the cooler.

Did you put two butts back on a cold wsm to cool or did you let them cook for a couple of hours longer ?

Ya i put 2 wrapped in foil back on the grill and shut all of my air intakes it cooled to about 200 when i finally took them off. Hope this makes better sense.

Back
Top Bottom