Mustard slather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice fresh looking rack of ribs you have there! =D> Looking forward to the finished pic's!

Can you send me a couple ribs? I don't think I can get there in time... =P~ =P~

Pics of the finished product at http://www.ncre.biz/datsbbqcms.html . I can say that I got a lot more bark using the mustard slather than when I have not used a slather.

While it had a bite, the wife could eat it so it couldn't me that hot :)

I didn't do the best job separating the rib tips from the rib proper, and I could have taken 'em off a little sooner, even though I ramped the cooker back to 170 degress. But they had a good smoke ring and flavor, just a tad on the dry side.

But the bark in the beans, well I could write a novel... .
DATsBBQ

Beck's Beer ~ You can't be all bad. :!: Ribs look a bit dark for my taste but I'd still eat 'em!! =P~ Tell us more about the beans... Luv beans!! =P~ Just ask my wife... 8-[

Have to be better than If I had prepared them the way Safeway said on the lable:
"BRING A LARGE POT OF WATER TO A BOIL, ADD RIBS AND BOIL GENTLY FOR 45 TO 60 MINUTES. DRAIN AND PAT DRY. BRUSH BOTH SIDES WITH BBQ SAUCE. GRILL UNCOVERED OVER MEDIUM COALS OR MEDIUM HIGH HEAT ON A GASS GRILL, ABOUT 8 MINUTES PER SIDE. BASTE WITH SAUCE AS DESIRED."
Now if that ain't a recipe for success....
DATsBBQ

DATsBBQ said:
Have to be better than If I had prepared them the way Safeway said on the lable:
"BRING A LARGE POT OF WATER TO A BOIL, ADD RIBS AND BOIL GENTLY FOR 45 TO 60 MINUTES. DRAIN AND PAT DRY. BRUSH BOTH SIDES WITH BBQ SAUCE. GRILL UNCOVERED OVER MEDIUM COALS OR MEDIUM HIGH HEAT ON A GASS GRILL, ABOUT 8 MINUTES PER SIDE. BASTE WITH SAUCE AS DESIRED."
DATsBBQ
No not that :ack:

Puff said:
DATsBBQ said:
DATsBBQ

Definately not. It's better that way on a $15 charcoal grill, Matchlight, plenty of fluid, and the top vent closed.
Jezuz...some people don't know nuthin !

DATsBBQ said:
DATsBBQ
That's what Jack McDavid does at his place, And some think Bobby Flay is a dick! I don't like Flay, But I like his recipes are great.

ScottyDaQ said:
Puff said:
DATsBBQ said:
DATsBBQ

Definately not. It's better that way on a $15 charcoal grill, Matchlight, plenty of fluid, and the top vent closed.
Jezuz...some people don't know nuthin !
Don't forget the pre made cole slaw, potato salad, and the pork& beans out of a can :)

[/quote] That's what Jack McDavid does at his place, And some think Bobby Flay is a dick! I don't like Flay, But I like his recipes are great.[/quote]

I don't know where that information about McDavid came from but it couldn't be further from the truth. Jack even smokes all his vending ribs himself (many vender's buy pre-cooked meats and only heat up on site).
Jack recently sold a controlling interest in his restaurant (firehouse) to spend more time comp cooking and vending.

I'm A friend of Jacks who has cooked with him at his restraint and while vending.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom