Monster Smoke!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rprata

Assistant Cook
Well, I've started my monster smoke.

Look at all this meat... 8 butts, 2 packer briskets:
2616628637_9f705898e3.jpg

:shock:

4 Butts: (There are 8 Total)
2616628659_cd827a2101.jpg

One packer brisket: (There are 2)
2617450846_f1ef51fca5.jpg

3 butts on the WSM above one packer. 2 Butts on top shelf of ProQ, 3 butts on middle of ProQ, packer on bottom shelf of ProQ. No water in either pan, just a foil pan inside the water pan to catch grease. Both smokers are running at 225, Kingsford, with a little RO mixed in, some unknown wood I had left over from Smokinlicious. I think it's Maple, cuz that's all I had left.

First "catering gig". Block party for ~100. Also cooking burgers, dogs, kabobs, chicken and steaks on 2 gassers.

Hell Ya! Go for it. I did one for about 70 - 80 people last week and it turned out great. Ill bet you get huge response from the pork shoulder! GOOD LUCK!

The event went very well. I used the host's grill, which caught on fire from grease / sludge build-up, just about as soon as I put the first burgers on. :shock: My other grill available was a 10-year-old Char-broil with rotted-out burners. Great. I ended up re-starting the larger grill, and only used 2 of the 5 burners. That seemed to go OK.

The briskets went just about right away. As of the time I left, there were still 4 foil-wrapped, un-pulled butts, and 2-3 half-pans of pulled pork. I'm thinking 8 butts was *way* overkill, however I quoted the amount of food based on the headcount she gave me (150). I'd be surprised if 60 people came through over the course of the day. Oh well, she'll have a ton of leftovers.

I do have pics of some of the finished product, which I'll post as soon as I have time to download them from the camera and upload to Flickr.

I handed out some cards, so hopefully I'll get some more business out of it. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom