Mom's day feast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm cooking a 7 lb. butt rubbed with mustard& Wolf Rub, I'm going to inject some apple juice before I throw it in the smoke. (Pear, apple,&hickory)
First time injecting, curious to see the results.I'm going to leave the pork plain. I'll have a vinegar sauce, or BBQ sauce to put on it.
I'm also cooking 12 chicken lollipops wrapped with bacon no rub, a few A.B.T.'s , and a maple fatty for an appetizer.
I'm also(Iknow this isn't the grilling section) grilling some chicken breasts.
They are marinating in lemon juice, I have some Papaya, fresh pineapple, kiwi, and some cilantro to make sort of a fruit salsa to pour over them.
The sides will include, cole slaw, beans with rib trimmings(ala Scotty), spinach dip with beer bread, my wife's famous Mexican roll ups,& a whole bunch of Bud Light's to help ease the pain of having both sides of the family over! (kidding)
The cook will start at 6 am Puff time, the weather is going to be crappy.
If anybody has any input, something I may have missed, please let me know.

All of this for the one person who still puts up with me after all of these29 yrs. !!
I love you mom, yer' #1

She had her chance at a smoked prime rib, but wanted spares instead. Got 2 racks of spares and a 9#A pork butt on. I thought about injecting the butt as well this time. Never done that before. Will use pineapple juice if I do. Never tried mustard to hold on the rub, always wooster sauce, so I may try a honey mustard this time. Might like that sweet bark.

wittdog said:
Puff that sounds like a feast. Make sure you get the pics.
Yeah! If you don't come back with pics, don't come back..... :grin:

The Missing Link said:
puff how is its going. We want pictures. don't get to drunk and forget the pictures. :)

Link I think you hit the nail on the head!! He's prolly passed out and his mom is wiping the drool off of Puffy's chin. 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="The Missing Link":3w4f997f]puff how is its going. We want pictures. don't get to drunk and forget the pictures. :)

Link I think you hit the nail on the head!! He's prolly passed out and his mom is wiping the drool off of Puffy's chin. 8-[[/quote:3w4f997f]
:lmao:
Iquit drinkin' :^o
:bar: #-o

Well after a real bad wake up call the butt went on at 7am #-o
I had wanted the butt done by 3pm so I asked advice from the BBQ king(Bruce).
I foiled the butt at about 160ish, by 3:30 it spiked about 195ish!
It came out perfect!
Itook as many pics as I could of the other offerings as I could, but they were being devoured by the guests faster than I could snap the camera!
This is what I could pick from the bones, I hope you guys like it!!!

http://img20.imageshack.us/slideshow/pl ... 09e8z.smil

To all the Mom's out there! This is your day, thanks for making us what we are! =D>

Now I am going to pass out! #-o

I guess you left the beer along this time good for you now go and have one on me.
The food looks very good I wish I had one of those pull pork sandwich.

Thanks for sharing.
Missing Link. =D> =D> =D>

Dang Puff, you're learning something from this board! Looks like a pro made that food!! Fantastic job!! =D>

Larry Wolfe said:
Dang Puff, you're learning something from this board! Looks like a pro made that food!! Fantastic job!! =D>

Thers some great teachers around here!

Thanks everyone :!:

Back
Top Bottom