Might COOK something!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Well, I've got four days in a row off so, I might actually cook something in the WSM. Brisket was good, but I am thinkin ribs this time.......Oh, wait, this is the wrong forum......... :roll:

Hey Woody..try the BBQ flavor vienners from Kroger. Its a lot less hassle and similar to some sausage plates I have ordered around Foat Wuth. Just need a can of Ranch Styles to go with and it be authentic. Think it over and kindly repoat back. Ribs is way too much trouble. Thanks.

bigwheel

Three porterhouses on the kettle with bakers and grilled asparagus tonight, butts on the WSM tomorrow!

Wow Woody..your just too entergetic. You been flagging over the truck drivers and bummin No Doze tablets again? Now I seen a fella do that one time:) They also called Pocket Rockets in some circles.

bigwheel

Made a batch of Bill Cannons Potato Surprise, and have two butts and a brisket on the WSM. I injected the brisket with Allegro Marinade, and rubbed with Big Ron's "Hint of Houston" rub. I promised him I would try these about 4 months ago and an just getting to it. The buuts were injected with Texas Pepper Jelly "Spicy Peach Marinade", and rubbed with Texas BBQ Rub. Got some new GFS Lump Charcoal. Not sure who is making it, or if it is any good, but will report. They used to carry Royal Oak so, I hope this is as good, or better! Using hickory chunks and will probably end up foiling and finishing in the oven. I will serve some homemade Eastern Carolina Vinegar sauce and Reverend Marvin's. Should be good eating!

Woodman said:
Made a batch of Bill Cannons Potato Surprise, and have two butts and a brisket on the WSM. I injected the brisket with Allegro Marinade, and rubbed with Big Ron's "Hint of Houston" rub. I promised him I would try these about 4 months ago and an just getting to it. The buuts were injected with Texas Pepper Jelly "Spicy Peach Marinade", and rubbed with Texas BBQ Rub. Got some new GFS Lump Charcoal. Not sure who is making it, or if it is any good, but will report. They used to carry Royal Oak so, I hope this is as good, or better! Using hickory chunks and will probably end up foiling and finishing in the oven. I will serve some homemade Eastern Carolina Vinegar sauce and Reverend Marvin's. Should be good eating!

Thats a great story! Could you back it up? ;) :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
Woodman said:

Thats a great story! Could you back it up? ;) :LOL:

Nick is right Dave. After all it is 2009. :D

First time in AGES I cooked without foil (until the end). I cannot say enough about the quality of the WSM. I was a scoffer for years, but this thing produces as good a product as can be made! I am not certain I understand why these are not more readily available across the country! Personally, I had never seen one available in a store. I think they could DOUBLE TO TRIPLE sales if they just got the word out on the product! Infomercials and training classes at Home Depot or Lowes would sell thousands. I used sand this time and WILL NOT go back to water! No wind, and about 30 degrees all day. Did two butts and a brisket in about 10 hours. I normally foil to get from 160 to 200 , but did not for the small cook for bark preservation. I did foil as I took the meat off to hold for the 1.5 hours until serving. Used about 1.5 full rings of GFS lump. It was good charcoal as far as I can tell. I used a mix of hickory and apple. It is amazing how much better a product you can turn out when cooking for 15 rather than 150! As always, I took no photos so, you will just have to believe me!!!

Dave,

The WSM is truly a great piece of cooking equipment!!

Just curious, how was the pork that you injected with the Spicy Peach Marinade?? Sounds very interesting.

Al

Back
Top Bottom