Memorial Day at the Doghouse 08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Lets take a moment to remember the Veterans and honor them by participating in a great American past time…
Things here have been pretty busy so we are taking this weekend to do a bunch of yard work and do a little bit of Chilling and Qing…I stopped at the food terminal on the way home and picked up 6 bags of charcoal, two cases of beer, and after a run to the brisket store I picked up a nice packer and some stuff for some pinto beans, neck bones, hamcocks…..I might get up in the middle of the night and toss the brisket on if not it will go in the morning, the beans are in the crock pot and will cook all night. We will probably do Greek Chicken for Lunch and have the Brisket for dinner. I injected the brisket and rubbed it down now its in the fridge wating for tonight.
A nice thick brisket

Marked up

I half separated the point and the flat…I’ve been doing it like this lately and like the results..

Pintos with onion ham hocks, neck bones, chili powder and garlic…

Sunday I’m doing ribs and the bacon and the hammocks….

Up at 4am coffee on, chimney lit, brisket hit with another dose of rub, mop made and pintos stirred…so far a pretty good morning….birds are already chirping….I used to getting home around now not up..

Is this a recipe that belongs in the blue room???

I picked up a nice packer and some stuff for some pinto beans, neck bones, hamcocks…..I might get up in the middle of the night and toss the brisket on if not it will go in the morning, the beans are in the crock pot and will cook all night. We will probably do Greek Chicken for Lunch and have the Brisket for dinner. I injected the brisket and rubbed it down now its in the fridge wating for tonight.

Al

Uncle Al said:

I picked up a nice packer and some stuff for some pinto beans, neck bones, hamcocks…..I might get up in the middle of the night and toss the brisket on if not it will go in the morning, the beans are in the crock pot and will cook all night. We will probably do Greek Chicken for Lunch and have the Brisket for dinner. I injected the brisket and rubbed it down now its in the fridge wating for tonight.

Al
:shock:
Looks like something up Gregs alley :LOL: Or Rags :LOL:
Thats what I get for typing after to many pops with da foam on da top ;)

The boys got up and wanted pancakes on the grill….Once I figured out how to get them to stop falling thru the grates life was good…

The boys ate a whole batch of pancakes

Mj doing the Battousi

Brisket flipped at the 4 hour mark

wittdog said:
Uncle Al said:

Al
:shock:
Looks like something up Gregs alley :LOL: Or Rags :LOL:
Thats what I get for typing after to many pops with da foam on da top ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean a mother.

I'll bet them is non union store bought Frozen pan cakes :twisted:

Looks good so far Dave. Glad to them boys get a good breakfast, Helps grow up smart like their....uh... Mom :LOL:

I’m going for the trifecta today…all three meals on a grill/smoker…and I might even cook up a snack later….who knows….I think that caramel pie that’s going to be for dessert….might nix that idea…

Greek Chicken for Lunch.

They werent' no frozen non union pancakes BOY...Whats real funny is JB is going to sit around all day trying to figure out how it was done :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom