Meatloaf, Finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I have finally bitten the bullet and decided to do a meatloaf. And I have gone all out with this one. I bought 7lbs of ground chuck and was planning on separating it and freezing half. Then I thought, I'm not going to light the smoker for a measily meatloaf. Needless to say, I have mixed 7lbs of meatloaf with 6 eggs, worchestershire, mustard, kethcup, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, kosher salt and black pepper. I don't like pork in mine, that's why I have omitted it. I have it chilling in the fridge molding around the bowl. I'm putting it on a round piece of aluminum foil onto the grate, no pan. Not sure if I'm cooking it tonight or tomorrow, but I'll post pic's as soon as I take them!

Larry,

Sounds alot like the recipe that I use for meatloaf except for the molding around the bowl part. :winkie:

Al

Larry

This pretty much my recipe as well. I do add the pork but that's a matter of personal taste. I like to add about a half cup of grated parmesan cheese to my 3 pound loaf.

Griff

Sounds great Larry. Can't wait to see your pics.

Suggestion for ya, try dehydrated onion flakes instead of real onions. Real onions can make your ML crumbly but I think the taste is slightly better with real onion. It's a trade-off.

Greg, I made one loaf and just put it on the smoker. Advice will follow.

I also used fresh onion, vs. dehydrated on the first go around.

Pit is at 277, meats at 53 right now. I'll continue to post through the cook.

2 hours into the cook and the mother of all thunderstorms came through.
Pit's at 273*, meats at 113 about 1 hour 45 minutes into the cook.

Nick Prochilo said:
Hang in there Larry! It will be worth it when your done! =P~

Thanks for the reassurance Nick! I thought this thing would be done by now. Pit temp, 285, meat 123. Better hurry up or I'm eating it like my burgers!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":34fsz23f]Hang in there Larry! It will be worth it when your done! =P~

Thanks for the reassurance Nick! I thought this thing would be done by now. Pit temp, 285, meat 123. Better hurry up or I'm eating it like my burgers!!![/quote:34fsz23f]

:lmao:

Now that the rain has stopped things are moving faster now. Pit temps at, 287 and meats at 142. 18* till time to eat, I'm starving. Between the miller lites and the Jagermeister I'm almost ready for bed!

Good lookin' loaf Larry, how did it taste? Anything you would do differently? What was the sauce you used? what kind of wood did you use? Inquiring minds want to know.

Man what a monster loaf. Looks great too. I bet the leftovers were dang good on a sandwich.

YOW....that thing is a beast! Nice smoke ring...how did it taste? I bet it will make good cold sammies w/ lotsa ketchup and a coke! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom