Meatloaf comparison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
The wife had never had smoked meatloaf, so for comparison she made up her normal recipe and we smoked it. Here's the raw one.

Smoked at 225-250 to 160 internal. The upper pan contains fresh pulled beets. We tried to make this a fairly healthy meal. Roasting the beets creates richer flavor and preserves the nutrients. Here's the finished meatloaf.

The wife isn't especially fond of greens so she fried off a little pancetta, added a can of white beans and the greens from the beets (my favorite).
Also had some slaw from fresh out of the garden cabbage. Here's my plated meal.

The wife like the smoked meatloaf and we both loved the meal :D :D

I'm drooling now BD. Question for you, approximately how long was the meatloaf on the smoker? I definitely need to try this one. Thanks for the idea and thanks for sharing.

Around 2 1/2 -3 hours. Since low and slow is not required here, it can be cooked at a higher temp. Amount of time in the smoker will determine the smokiness of the meatloaf.

Nice looking meal there Big Dude. I tried smoking a meatloaf awhile back and it had to much smoke for us. Going to give it another try.

Tannehill Kid said:
Nice looking meal there Big Dude. I tried smoking a meatloaf awhile back and it had to much smoke for us. Going to give it another try.
Yeah, the porous meat seems to really soaks up the smoke - perhaps try wrapping after an hour and see what you think. Hopefully some of the old hands at this can offer some advice.

Back
Top Bottom