Maverick ET-7 -- Customer Service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probe arrived on Monday. Unfortunately, we don't have another bbq planned for awhile and our weekends are full coming up. So, it will be awhile before I can honestly say if this has fixed the problem or not.

allisonandrews said:
Probe arrived on Monday. Unfortunately, we don't have another bbq planned for awhile and our weekends are full coming up. So, it will be awhile before I can honestly say if this has fixed the problem or not.
Try the boiling water test to see if the problem is fixed.

Ok..you guys jinxed me !!! Ive had mine for well over a year and never had a problem. I went to use it yestarday and it wouldn't see the probes. After a little finageling I got them to work, but Ill call today. My units have been through a lot and I still think they're a good deal for the $$$

john pen said:
Ok..you guys jinxed me !!! Ive had mine for well over a year and never had a problem. I went to use it yestarday and it wouldn't see the probes. After a little finageling I got them to work, but Ill call today. My units have been through a lot and I still think they're a good deal for the $$$
How much had you been drinking when it couldn't see the probe?Did you change the batteries? What did you do to finagel it?

Well it looks like the new maverick we received in the mail works as advertised....Which makes me happy. :grin: But the missus needs to call them and have them send a self addressed stamped envelope to us cuz I'm not shipping the defective unit back to them on my dime......

Griff said:
Dog

They never asked me to return the defective unit.

Griff
They told us to check out the new one and then send them the old....I just have a problem with paying for shipping a third time. The first was the inital purchase, the second was to send the defective on/off switch back. And if I was to send the lack of range one back it would make 3.
Thanks for the input Griff.

I'll be calling tomorrow re: the SASE to send the old one back; while I'm at it, I plan to hit them up for a couple new probes since at least one (and I think 2) on the old redi-checks are not working well/right--sounds like maverick has done right by everyone here, and the guy I talked to last time offered to send the new ET73 out as soon as I explained the problem.

Well they told us to keep the defective unit....So all in all I am happy with the CS from Maverick but I wish I wouldn't have had to go thru all this....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom