March Madness Multiple Butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeeRich

Sous Chef
OK so I wanted to do a session where I made a bunch of pulled pork up for friends, neighbours, etc. That was last night. 8 hours in the smoker, 5 butts. Smaller than what I'm used to, but all totalled 18 pounds. Two had the bone taken out of them cause he didn't ask...silly butcher.

Bottom open 1 = Zatarains & Wolfe Citrus & apple juice injection (open means no bone)
Bottom open 2 = Zatarains & Wolfe Original & apple juice injection
Bottom 3 = Zatarains & Wolfe Original & apple juice injection

Top 1 = Zatarains & Wolfe Bold & apple juice injection
Top 2 = Zatarains & Wolfe Original & apple juice injection

Lump charcoal, crept up to 250'F. Took them all off when the top one hit 200'F. Foiled for an hour.

Um, ya. Brilliant stuff.

I hope you like them. Time to hit the sac.

Cheers

Attachments

• MMB_1.png
    MMB_1.png
    786.9 KB · Views: 411
  • MMB_2.png
    MMB_2.png
    743.7 KB · Views: 411
  • MMB_3.png
    MMB_3.png
    800.9 KB · Views: 416
  • MMB_4.png
    MMB_4.png
    753 KB · Views: 408
  • MMB_6.png
    MMB_6.png
    775.3 KB · Views: 422
  • MMB_7.png
    MMB_7.png
    746 KB · Views: 422
  • MMB_8.png
    MMB_8.png
    768.4 KB · Views: 405
  • MMB_9.png
    MMB_9.png
    855.5 KB · Views: 421
BeeRich the boneless butts could be a good test. One of the panelists on the PP Round Table said he takes the bone out ... maybe it will be better. It all looks good, I guess you have enough to make it 'til the Final Four :LOL:

I prefer to leave the bone in, because it's smaller (more to get into the smoker) and it also helps to wiggle it to see how well it's is done. If yer gonna smoke 'em, then go for it! This stuff is brilliant.

Great looking butts. Next time I put one on I'm going to have to try the apple juice injecting.

Dang Rich believe you done outdone yourself on that hawg meat. Looks mighty laurapin.

bigwheel

I think of all the meat you could pump out and get into friends' hand, this be the best opportunity. Also, the number of butts REALLY puts you into the good books with your butcher. He loves me. I bought 4, he said "I mean, you want this 5th?", meaning the other he took the bone out, and I said "sure, why not?".

He asked me how I was going to cook 18 pounds, thought smoke. I agreed. He loved it.

I'm giving this stuff away, vacuumed by the butt, so far. Um, people that have tasted this stuff, have zero reluctance to ask for more, as if it's fast food. I tell them there's line-ups for this stuff, and it takes 12 hours to make, beyond the time it takes for prep (purchasing, driving, spice making, prepping, smoker preparation, etc.). I'd like to cost this out. My local bulk spice store wonders what I do. So does my restaurant supply place (hardware).

Fun, yes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom