Marathon Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Al

Senior Cook
Hi All

I'm in the middle of a very long cooking session. Friday nite, on went 4 butts....Sat afternoon off came the 4 butts,wrapped and into cooler then on went 4 slabs of home made corned beef to be turned into pastrami. Pastrami off at 9.00PM wrapped and into cooler. At midnight, on went three nice racks of spares. I set the Guru to 235° and went to bed

Up this morning at six. Took off the ribs and started prepping two huge slabs of Free Range Norwegian Salmon. Brown sugar brined and rubbed. Those will go on the smoker at noon with some alder and sugar maple for smoke, to be followed by one dozen turkey legs brined with honey and black cherry for smoke.

I know, I know, there will post pictures next time, I promise.

I'm tired but as soon as the sun passes the yardarm I'm making cocktail #1.

Al

I sell all this stuff to customers, friends, co-workers,etc. and lots of word of mouth advertising from previous customers. This is my list:

AL’S WICKED GOOD BARBECUE

PULLED PORK (for BBQ sandwiches) $8.50 LB.

BEEF BRISKET (EXTRA LEAN) $10.00 LB

BABY BACK RIBS (FULL RACK) $17.50

PORK SPARE RIBS $15.00

SMOKED TURKEY LEG or THIGH $3.50

AL’S WICKED GOOD BBQ SAUCE $6.00/Pt. $10.00/Qt.
BLACK IRON SKILLET CORNBREAD $4.25
Al’S SMOKEY BBQ BAKED BEANS $4.25/Pt.$7.50/Qt.
HOMEMADE PASTRAMI $10.00 LB
(Crusted w/ crushed black pepper & coriander)

BROWN SUGAR DRY BRINED SALMON $15.00 LB.
(Hot smoked over apple and alder woods)

ALL MEAT IS SLOW COOKED OVER HARDWOOD CHARCOAL WITH A BLEND OF APPLE, HICKORY AND CHERRY WOODS FOR A MELLOW SMOKE FLAVOR.

Al

Smokey_Joe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3pb06cma]No pics = no cook!

ahhhhhh good point Nick![/quote:3pb06cma]

Yeah, I mean I can tell you my WSM has been lit since last Wednesday and I cooked 150 butts, 120 briskets, 45 racks of spares, 20 racks of BB, 250 lbs of salmon, 45 fatties.............................................................

O.K. O.K.

I haven't packaged the pork or the pastrami so I'll take some pics of those alright !!!!!! and the turkey legs. One slab of salmon and the ribs are being delivered today so no pics of those.

Al

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Smokey_Joe":3r416987][quote="Nick Prochilo":3r416987]No pics = no cook!

ahhhhhh good point Nick![/quote:3r416987]

Yeah, I mean I can tell you my WSM has been lit since last Wednesday and I cooked 150 butts, 120 briskets, 45 racks of spares, 20 racks of BB, 250 lbs of salmon, 45 fatties.............................................................[/quote:3r416987]
I thought I had the record for this week. Beef Chuck, Pork Butt, Black Fin Tuna, Mahi mahi Dolphin, Chicken and Lamb and a Fatty and CAPTs ABT. :?

Green Hornet said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3r5h36ja][quote="Smokey_Joe":3r5h36ja][quote="Nick Prochilo":3r5h36ja]No pics = no cook!

ahhhhhh good point Nick![/quote:3r5h36ja]

Yeah, I mean I can tell you my WSM has been lit since last Wednesday and I cooked 150 butts, 120 briskets, 45 racks of spares, 20 racks of BB, 250 lbs of salmon, 45 fatties.............................................................[/quote:3r5h36ja]
I thought I had the record for this week. Beef Chuck, Pork Butt, Black Fin Tuna, Mahi mahi Dolphin, Chicken and Lamb and a Fatty and CAPTs ABT. :?[/quote:3r5h36ja]

No tickie, no shirtie!

Back
Top Bottom