Man, Fire, Food, BBQ PItmasters, etc. etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Its not burned

Senior Cook
Does anyone ever watch these shows? I don't know much about the guy who hosts MFF, he strikes me as more of a TV personality than a cook, but the places he visits and the cooks he shows are pretty cool. So many different ways to cook a hunk of meat.

What about Pitmasters etc.? I like to watch to some degree, but I am really tired of seeing Myron Mixon over, and over, and over. Even if they keep him as a judge on Pitmasters, can't they pick some other cooks for BBQ Pit Wars at least? I do like Tuffy Stone, seems like a departure from the normal BBQ guru.

I used to watch BBQ Pitmasters when it was a head to head competition, you know before they turned it around, and had 3 host's that also judged. I don't like listening to Myron Mixon, he knows is shit, but he is a pompous wind bag, that never shuts up about how good he is. Tuffy Stone seems like he is down to Earth.

I guess you need to know the players. Myron's persona is basically "made for TV", it's what the producers want. And with the number of shows that they have produced and aired, lots of people must be watching.

The first season of BBQ Pit Wars was the very first time that the teams were actually competing in real contests, with the real contest judges and against the other actual competitors. At least that is what the producers told us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom