mama's moose loaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
For Mother's Day, the mother of my children wanted moose meatloaf. Here it is just on the WSM.

We're also having some of Finney's gazpacho, grilled squash and homemade tapioca. More photos to come. It's still early up here.

never had ground moose before :scratch .....is that a mixture??? Is there TURKEY in there?!?!? :LOL: Looks great!

Here's a finished pic.

It was a pound of ground moose, a pound of Jimmy Dean, and a pound of hamburger. And it was very good and will be even better in sandwiches this week.

Griff said:
Here's a finished pic.

It was a pound of ground moose, a pound of Jimmy Dean, and a pound of hamburger. And it was very good and will be even better in sandwiches this week.

WOW :shock: Griff that looks fantastic! honestly didn't know moose meat was a commodity up that way...any other way they serve it? steaks? etc??

Griff that looks outstanding!!! Is moose fairly lean like venison? I'm assuming it is with the added burger and sausage? Was this meat a product of yours or the Mrs. hunting??

Moose tastes like mild deer. Larry, I don't hunt 'em any more. I did for 25 years, but about 5 years ago, I decided that packing a 1000 pound bull out of the woods was a young man's job. I got this meat from my nephew. He actually works at a gold mine up near Fairbanks.

Back
Top Bottom