Made a believer out of me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tannehill Kid

Head Chef
If you guys and gals tell me the moon is made out of cheese I will believe yall. Been reading all the comments made about the WSM's and I was really skepticle about it. Bought one about a month ago and did my first cook on it last night. I had talked to a couple of yall how long a burn you could get out of one load of charcoal and was told 12-16 hours @ 250-275 and I thought that was bull crap. Well I know that is true now. Been reading all the post on how to use and found it was very easy even on my first cook. No problems at all. Temp stayed steady all night long. Put 2 5 #'s butts on at 7 last night and wrapped them at 2 this morning and pulled at 7 this morning. Here are a few pics I took of the cook.

Getting the fire ready.

Butts rubbe down with Wolfe Bold

The fire ready to go

The butts that was cooked

This is a pic that my wife took to rub in it on me what she was having for lunch.

Congrats TH... I am going to get me one this summer for exactly what you cooked... Great work man!!!! :D

I thought it always sounded like BS too, especially after cooking on a Brinkman bullet smoker. I'm very tempted, and your comments may push me towards getting one. :roll:

Rag I felt the same way after cooking on a Brinkman bullet....I said never again....then the fine folk here talked me into a WSM

Wife and I been gone the past two days on the motorcycles and just got back to read all the post. Eat me one of those pull pork sandwichs and boy was it good. The WSM has made a believer out of me. But Monty I'm going to have to work on that V8 :LOL:

How come theres only a handfull of lit coals on top?

I've been using a full chiminey of fully lit coals to start my minion method.

Captain Morgan said:
Welcome to the club! Please get your smoking jacket and meet
us in the left wing for cocktails.

What a cool idea... :D

At a comp, everyone should gather their WSM's in a group and
stand around them with old fashioned Smoking Jackets on....
it might start a new WSM Club :!: :LOL:

The pic sent to Weber might even get someone a free WSM :!:

dollarbill said:
How come theres only a handfull of lit coals on top?

I've been using a full chiminey of fully lit coals to start my minion method.
What I did was took a bean can that held about 20 briquettes in it and lit them and when they turned gray I pulled the can out with a pair of tongs. I was trying to keep the WSM from getting to hot to start out with. Everthing I have read says it's eaiser to get the temp up than trying to bring it down. Hope that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom