Mac n Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boozer

Sous Chef
A note to the moderators; at first glance, it may appear that this thread should be moved to the apps and sides section, but wait there's more.
This mac n cheese starts with some rib trimmings, I like to make them into little piles, since the button bones and some other parts are scrawny.

Attachments

• 20130824151926.jpg
    20130824151926.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 353
Next is the mac n cheese. I originally intended to make sweet corn, but my mother in law stopped by and gave me these chicken legs. In hindsight I should have used the chargriller, but everyone fit nice and cozy in here, a little tight, but the corn got left out

Attachments

• 20130824165940.jpg
    20130824165940.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 294
The mac smoked for 2 and a half hours. I added some provalone, butter and cheese soup on the top, left it open for a half hour, then stirred it in covered it for a half hour, and did that twice.

Attachments

• 20130824182817.jpg
    20130824182817.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 281
After 2 hours the chicken was done, so I took them off to rest, and put the riblets on top of the mac to finish, with the lid on it. Then I chopped up the pork and mixed it in with the mac, and picked a few anahiem peppers, because you gotta have some kind of veggies, Right?

Attachments

• 20130824193348.jpg
    20130824193348.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
I think so, at least, I do. But I also like pop-tarts, and hot dogs, and kool-aid. So what the hell do I know! Also, this is slightly different than the stuff that comes in the blue box.

Yes..it looks special. The high screwl cafeteria up in Whiskeyta Falls made the best. I guess they used a bunch of cheese which they got free from the guv'ment or something. It had a brown leather top of cheese on it. Still aint quite figgered how they made it.

maybe they smoked it, lol! you can have my recipe if you want, I promise the grandkids will love it

Hey you got it!
ok, so you gotta boil 2 cups of macaroni, only for about 4 minutes. you don't want to cook it all the way. drain and set aside.
then you get:
4 tbsp of butta
1.5 cups of shredded sharp chedda
1 cup of co-jack
1 can of condensed chedda soup
1 cup of buttermilk
1 half cup of sour cream
Then you melt everything together in a saucepan (except the noodles) and stir in some seasonings
black pepper
salt
paprika
ground mustard
rosemary
dill
I'm not real good at measuring seasonings, it's just to taste but it's about a tsp of pepper and salt and maybe 1/2 tsp of each of the rest.
now you can stir in the noodles and do one of 2 things; you can put it in the crock pot for a couple of hours and it will be fine. Or... you can top it with more cheese (whatever kind you want) and put it on the smoke pit with no lid, for 1/2 hour. Stir it, cover it for another 1/2 hour. then add more cheese, butter and cheese soup on the top, to keep it from getting dry and smoke it with the lid off for another 30 min. then same thing stir and cover for 30 min more, then add meat. pile it on top, for the final half hour. then chop the meat and mix it in too, and then eat

I'd bet you could top it with guv'ment cheese and leave it open for the last 1/2 hour, to get that leathery brown cafeteria crust you're looking for. Ooh, memm-orieees!!

Sounds excellent. Thanks for sharing. First one I recall seeing using Cheddar Soup. Thats good stuff. Bet it gives a good flavor wallop.

Back
Top Bottom