LuLu's Loaded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Got a late start this morning, but I got 6 butts around 50lbs going around 10am. Rubbed down with WolfeRub and I'm using hickory and oak for fuel. I'll update pic's in a bit.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":2jzqbet8]6 butts? you catering?? :D

If thats loaded, you do need a bigger pit.[/quote:2jzqbet8]

Quality is always better than quantity! I feel man enough with my "small" pit, I don't need a bigger one to prove my masculinity!

But I did have room for another butt, maybe two though. She's full enough. It is kinda sad though, I've gotten the same amout of butts and pounds on my WSM before!

I'm not criticizing your pit Larry, God knows I'd love to have one...but just an observation, it seems that with the Gator pit unless you go with a bigger diameter pipe, your ability to put anything besides ribs or chicken on the top rack is quite limited. Unless the photo is deceiving...could you fit more butts on the top rack?

Bruce B said:
I'm not criticizing your pit Larry, God knows I'd love to have one...but just an observation, it seems that with the Gator pit unless you go with a bigger diameter pipe, your ability to put anything besides ribs or chicken on the top rack is quite limited. Unless the photo is deceiving...could you fit more butts on the top rack?

Bruce you are absolutely correct and I agree. The only thing that the top rack is good for is chicken pieces, sausages and ribs. That's why I've recommend to everyone that asks to get at least the 24" pipe. If and when I get another pit, I will go with a larger diameter pipe, probably even larger than 24". IMO even the 20" diameter like I have is basically too small to even have the top shelf because it's basically usless and a burden. The butts will not fit between the top shelf and the bottom shelf, that's why the top shelf is out. I love my pit, it's just too small for me, but perfect for a weekend BBQ'er though. They're too expensive to just go out and get another one so I'll have to live with this one, for now.

Here's the results of last nights cook. Started off with appoximately 45lbs of bone in boston butts, ended up with 24lbs of finished product.

This is going to work to be sold I am assuming?? :D

Thinkingof doing the same thing shortly. The guys in the shop would buy this stuff I bet!!

Captain Morgan said:
I'll take 2 lbs of pork and one bag of rub.

Cappy, the Wolfe Rub you ordered is going in the mail tomorrow morning! Should be to you by Wednesday!

Here's dinner!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":20e66usj]I'll take 2 lbs of pork and one bag of rub.

Cappy, the Wolfe Rub you ordered is going in the mail tomorrow morning! Should be to you by Wednesday!

Here's dinner!

[/quote:20e66usj]

Yummy! I'll take the same as Cappy. If you got a sauce you'd like to share, I'll take some of that too. :D

Great looking Q!

Jack

Back
Top Bottom