Lowe's Knows BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
At least some of the Lowe's employees are about to know what real bbq is. :LOL:

There is not a bbq joint in my town that doesn't have their smokers hooked to gas. :shock:

I will be serving about 20 fellow employees at a weekly meeting. The Sales Manager asked me to cook it. I thought it was a good opportunity to put up or shut up since I talk a little bbq smack at work.

Two butts for them and one brisket flat for me. ;)

You and your fellow Lowe's employees should be in line for a bonus this year. I'm doing a remodel and getting nearly all the stuff from Lowe's. Good job on the true Q, Cliff.

Here is a 5 am sneak peak. I flipped to the brisket to fat cap down.

The smoker ran in the 230 range almost all night. This morning it was at 216. I opened the vents a little more than I would have liked to last night. I felt the exhaust and it seemed hotter than the maverick wsa saying.

When I opened the lid this morning, I could see that the probe was within 1/8" of the meat. When I adjusted it the reading rose to 230-240 real quick.
;)

Maybe a meal like that will convice them to carry more Weber products..at least up north...both Lowes and the Orange store are carrying BBcarp up here...

wittdog said:
Maybe a meal like that will convice them to carry more Weber products..at least up north...both Lowes and the Orange store are carrying [b]BBcarp [/b]up here...

They're Jewish?? :shock: :shock:
Lowes got me started with the Chargriller that made me crazy trying to cook something decent. Our local stores do have a reasonable choice of backyard stuff. No Carp though.

Rag said:
wittdog said:
Maybe a meal like that will convice them to carry more Weber products..at least up north...both Lowes and the Orange store are carrying [b]BBcarp [/b]up here...

They're Jewish?? :shock: :shock:
Lowes got me started with the Chargriller that made me crazy trying to cook something decent. Our local stores do have a reasonable choice of backyard stuff. No Carp though.
its to early for your carp...crap :LOL:

I ought to start another thread called Trust Your Instincts.

At 8:00, only 10 hours into the cook my et-73 says I have a butt at 195. After repositioning, it says the same thing. I then move it to the other butt, and to my suprise, 195.

There is no way that this meat is done. The resistance is just like it was raw. So I swith to cheapo monitor. Its reads 195 also. :?: :?: :?:

No way am I taking this meat off.

I have a brisket flat reading 152 with an et-72 in it. I went ahead and foiled everything, then stuck the et-72 in the butt and temp reads 170. Now I am back on track.

What is really wierd is that the et-73 probe is reading right now. :?:

Cliff H. said:
I ought to start another thread called Trust Your Instincts.

At 8:00, only 10 hours into the cook my et-73 says I have a butt at 195. After repositioning, it says the same thing. I then move it to the other butt, and to my suprise, 195.

There is no way that this meat is done. The resistance is just like it was raw. So I swith to cheapo monitor. Its reads 195 also. :?: :?: :?:

No way am I taking this meat off.

I have a brisket flat reading 152 with an et-72 in it. I went ahead and foiled everything, then stuck the et-72 in the butt and temp reads 170. Now I am back on track.

What is really wierd is that the et-73 probe is reading right now. :?:

can't wait to hear about this....I'm thinking you got one skinny pig
and it's indeed done. I'm afraid you will find tough meat on this one, but
I hope not. Keep us posted...hard not to trust the thermopen.

Once the probe ordeal was over the butts cooked another 3 hours or so. Probes went in with no resistance.

Feels like pulled pork inside that foil.

Hope it turns out well for you. My employees got to where they expect me to cook something once a week for them. But you know what I like it. I like to cook and see em go emmmmmm. Guess I could fire um if they complain :LOL: :LOL:

I do not know if this bbq was any good or not because I didn't get one bite of it for myself. :shock: The meeting went long and I had to leave just as folks were getting lined up.

It pulled ok. I foiled these two at 170. Lots of juice to pour back into the pan but the texture seemed dryer than I like. Didn't notice that on the other 8 butts that were also foiled.

These two sat in my fridge for six days before they were smoked. I turned the temp on my fridge down some before I left. They were frosted on one end when I got back. Not frozen solid but frozen enough that they lost some of that fresh color. My brisket flat froze some also.

Back
Top Bottom