Look what I found at my local Ace Hardware store!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am waiting on a response from local stores. Most local stores are large chains and have a very long process with paperwork I have not had the time to look into.

ScottyDaQ said:
Have you checked with your supermarkets? I know ours carries local products.
I mean, a hardware store isn't exactly where I would go to get a spice blend... ;)
Well Scotty, our local down home hardware store sells grills, cast iron cookware, gaskets for a pressure cooker, and just about you name it. This is why "old school hardware stores ROCK" screw those big chain hardware stores! :x

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Have you checked with your supermarkets? I know ours carries local products.
I mean, a hardware store isn't exactly where I would go to get a spice blend... ;)
Well Scotty, our local down home hardware store sells grills, cast iron cookware, gaskets for a pressure cooker, and just about you name it. This is why "old school hardware stores ROCK" screw those big chain hardware stores! :x

Pigs

My Ace sells all those things. It's where I buy canning jars. Not sure what you mean.

Congrats! I'm no expert but I can't see a downside to having it anywhere. I know when I'm out doesn't matter where if anything Q/grill related catches my eye I'll check it out.

Our local True Value has the best grill selection in town in addition to canning, cooking, spices, rubs and other cookware selections.

Well the only thang about them New Fangled old tyme flavored hardware stores Ace..Truevalue etc. is about half the time they aint got whut a person needs as far as hardware stuff. Now the grill section is just fine but they only charge about double whut its worth. Now the mom n pop Real Old Timey hardware stores as Pigs has affectionately mentioned is dissapearing fast. If you happen to find one they usually want triple whut an object be worth but at least they got it. I would not go to True Value looking for chicken rub. No. I got mo betta sources wink wink:) Anybody who would stoop to buying canning jars from em got to be either a rich boy or touched in the haid. Big Lot's has the canning jar market cornered at least as far as where smart rednecks go chopping to buy junk like that :shock:

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom