Long-ish cook in rain/wind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LowRent

Senior Cook
I've been asked to take care of the 'cue for my neighbor's Christmas party. Will probably do a few butts, but could do a packer brisket or two.

While the temps will likely be in the 70s here this weekend, there may be some rain & wind. Also, in general, we do occasionally get some sub 32 days or nights here. So, even if I don't use one this weekend, I expect to eventually need one.

I'll be using my WSM, and, if it gets here in time, possibly my Stoker. Would you recommend a rain jacket for the WSM (I know the Stoker blower & controller need to be kept dry)? If so, since I'm not going to lay down $100 for the nice looking Guru jacket (is the top closed off on the Guru jacket?), what would you recommend?

I've seen the VWBB page on same. So, I have a decent idea on materials, but not necessarily design.

Just make a wind break....a pice of plywood..cut inot thirds some hinges and a small piece of plywood to act as the top...works great..even in Buffalo weather..

wittdog said:
Just make a wind break....a pice of plywood..cut inot thirds some hinges and a small piece of plywood to act as the top...works great..even in Buffalo weather..

I just got home from Buffalo about two weeks ago. I spent some time in West Seneca too.

LowRent said:
wittdog said:

I just got home from Buffalo about two weeks ago. I spent some time in West Seneca too.

I notice you didn't stay.

Bruce B said:
LowRent said:
wittdog said:

I notice you didn't stay.

My employer told me it was time to go home. Just after Thanksgiving too....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom