Loadin' Up the WSM Today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
with 8lbs of salmon. Brined it for 3 hours then rinsed and patted dry. Let sit on racks until pellicle formed then brushing with maple syrup and using Hi-Mountain Salmon Seasoning.

Should be on the smoker no later than 12:30pm.

Don't worry, pics to follow.... :D

Can't wait to see the pic's Bruce! I haven't done salmon in a while, I'm sure after seeing yours I'll be doing it soon!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Great pics, Thats the best use if a ironing board I ever have seen. :grin:

Hey Pigs, I don't know where you see an ironing board at. If you're talking about that small table next to the smoker, that's a small Lifetime table from Sam's Club that I use to put stuff on.

I suppose you could iron on it though. :grin: :grin:

All the finished pics are at the link above.

I used 4 small chunks of sugar maple, equivalent to two large fist size chunks. Temps in the WSM were 200-205 at the top grate and 190-198 on the lower grate, with a third grate in between the two. I put the salmon on at 12:35pm and took it off the cooker at 2:45pm, internal temp of the salmon ranged from 144º - 151º.

Nick, the thermometers there monitored the temp at the lid, the temp on the top grate and the bottom grate. That is the Nu-Temp Thermometer and the temps show up on a remote unit in the house.

The salmon was still moist with good smoke flavor with a detectable hint of sweetness to the bark from the maple syrup.

Pics look great, Bruce! Especially the full sized where you broke one open!! =P~

Looks good..I gotta believe that if packaged properly, a sample of that could be sent to all of us !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom