Lettin' it all hang out this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Biggest cook for me to date this coming weekend for my son's birthday party. Actually it's just an excuse to get people over to eat BBQ who have never really done so. Quite an ambitious menu. I am doing:

5 racks of spares with teaser riblets
36 thighs
2 butts
1 whole brisket
Cole Slaw
Beans
Greens
Macaroni Salad

The Klose will be getting loaded about 10:00pm tomorrow night. I plan on being loaded by then as well. Should be an interesting two days. I'll take pics. I have to make a fresh batch of rub and sauce tonight. Lots of grinding and blending to be done...on the rub of course. :!:

Just WNW of Pitt, right? =P~ =P~ Lookin' forward to da pics. :(

Let's see. Just injected and rubbed butts down. 4 different sauces made...white, carolina, comp sauce, and brisket sauce. Greens are soaking. I'll prep the ribs in the AM and put 'em on about 10. Chicken brine is made. Need to trim out 36 thighs...ugh! Brisket needs trimmed and injected. That will go on about 2:00am. Gonna be a cold night. Goin down to 45.
It is June, right? :mcoffee:

Gonna be a cold one here too this weekend. Uncle Bubba, I'd be interested in hearing more about how you did your pork butt in last years Oinktoberfest. That was some good PP! PM me if you'd rather..

All that gross fat and skin? It's a carryover from competition. TRying to get those perfect triangles.

Greg Rempe said:
Bubba, why are you trimming the thighs...just brine um and throw um on!! :!:

Luke, my son...

Everything is a contest prep. I try to learn something new, good or bad, every time i cook and hopefully that will come in handy somewhere down the road. Failure is actually good at this point. Rather screw something up here than at a comp. I will tell you this so far..

I need a bigger pit.
Rib racks suck.
Sea salt is better than kosher
This last batch of rub is the best I've made
I'm really tired and it's time to drink.

I have a ton of pics including my future bbq team. Will post them all later if i can figure it out. #-o #-o

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom