Leftover ham..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Anybody have some good ideas for leftover ham ? We do the usual sammys and the wife may do scallop potatoes, and the bone will got to pea soup...but any other ideas ??

John,
Leftover ham is great in fried rice, quiche, fritatas, egg rolls, ham and cheese sammies..............

Larry Wolfe said:
John,
Leftover ham is great in fried rice, quiche, fritatas, egg rolls, ham and cheese sammies..............

Real men...........................................................................

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2a6o7zah]John,

Real men...........................................................................[/quote:2a6o7zah]

You had it for lunch didn't you!?! :shock:

Red Flannel Hash
2 cups chopped turkey, corned beef, or ham
2 cups diced leftover baked potatoes
1 cup diced onions
1 cup diced beets
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. basil
1 tsp. pepper

Method

Preheat oven to 350°. Put all ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently until ingredients are mixed evenly. Lightly grease inside of 2-quart baking dish (a large old-fashioned cast iron frying pan works best and imparts natural iron to the dish). Pour all ingredients into pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lifting with a spatula shows a crust has formed. Serves 4.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3psidqry][quote="Larry Wolfe":3psidqry]John,

Real men...........................................................................[/quote:3psidqry]

You had it for lunch didn't you!?! :shock:[/quote:3psidqry]

I've tried it twice and just don't like it! But hey, I want you to keep eating it! The more the better!

Making it right now!
Apple juice
Dark Brown sugar
Cinnamon
Put in sauce pan and cook till sugar melts and liquid reduces some.
Put ham in and cook till ham is almost candied and liquid is almost gone.
YUM!

Puff said:
Making it right now!
Apple juice
Dark Brown sugar
Cinnamon
Put in sauce pan and cook till sugar melts and liquid reduces some.
Put ham in and cook till ham is almost candied and liquid is almost gone.
YUM!

Look at you Wolfgang Puff! You go boy with your candied ham!!

I had this first at Big GQ's wedding outside of Florence SC. A little old church lady gave the recipe, and told me men love it. I sure did. Here's the exact recipe she mailed me, and of course, you can use any ham with this...

Ham Delites

1 lb. sandwich ham, chipped into tiny pieces
1/3 lb. grated swiss cheese
1 stick melted butter
3 tablespoons brown mustard
3 tablespoons poppy seed
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion, grated
3 packages party finger rolls

Mix top seven ingrediants together. Slice rolls in half horizontally.. Spread mixture over roll bottoms in tins. Replace top half of rolls. Cover with foil. Bake ten minutes on 400 degrees.

Captain Morgan said:
I had this first at Big GQ's wedding outside of Florence SC. A little old church lady gave the recipe, and told me men love it. I sure did. Here's the exact recipe she mailed me, and of course, you can use any ham with this...

Ham Delites

1 lb. sandwich ham, chipped into tiny pieces
1/3 lb. grated swiss cheese
1 stick melted butter
3 tablespoons brown mustard
3 tablespoons poppy seed
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion, grated
3 packages party finger rolls

Mix top seven ingrediants together. Slice rolls in half horizontally.. Spread mixture over roll bottoms in tins. Replace top half of rolls. Cover with foil. Bake ten minutes on 400 degrees.

How could you NOT like these! That sounds great and I'm gonna have to try that with some of my leftovers! Thanks Cappy!

The perfect bread for it...just take a long sharp bread knife and you can slice the whole loaf at one, yet they'll pull apart as rolls after cooking.

I've something similar. Take the ham, cube it and run it through the course die of a grinder. Mix with slightly less that an equal measure of shredded chedder or mix of chedder and swiss. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Use as a topping on french bread or hoggie rolls (split in half) and pop in over or toaster oven. Nice twist on pizza.

Holds in the fridge for a long time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom