Jerky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Well, everyone else was making it this weekend so I figured I would do the same. Plus top round roasts were on sale for $1.99lb. So I trimmed all the fat and made the a simple jerky marinade that I used to use for deer jerky and was great. It's just Soy Sauce, Worchestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder. Once the meat has marinaded overnight I will pat dry and spinkle half with black pepper and the other half with red pepper. I'm doing this in the oven! :shock:

Larry Wolfe said:
Well, everyone else was making it this weekend so I figured I would do the same. Plus top round roasts were on sale for $1.99lb. So I trimmed all the fat and made the a simple jerky marinade that I used to use for deer jerky and was great. It's just Soy Sauce, Worchestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder. Once the meat has marinaded overnight I will pat dry and spinkle half with black pepper and the other half with red pepper. I'm doing this in the oven! :shock:

Your meat is way cheaper than here. Must be the illegal worker bust at Swift or perhaps the all the effin snow.

Maybe in a few weeks I can follow in your footsteps. :roll:

I picked up a 12lbder at Sams for $198 lb. I was wondering if that was a good price.
I've done jerky in the oven before, it comes out real good.
Dehydrator works even better ;)

Puff said:
I picked up a 12lbder at Sams for $198 lb. I was wondering if that was a good price.

Hope it works at a $2,376 investment :shock:

DATsBBQ said:
Puff said:

One decimal! STFU :LOL:
Top shelf tonight huh?

Puff said:
DATsBBQ said:
Puff said:

Top shelf tonight huh?

Two Decimals [smilie=a_cry.gif] [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

I wouldn't have mentioned it, but the Van got expensive :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
DATsBBQ said:
Puff said:

Top shelf tonight huh?

Forgive him Puffy, he's house bound!
I think he retreated to the bunker :shock:

Well, the jerky is done marinading and I dried it a bit and coated with black pepper. Into the oven at 170* till dry!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom