It's been a busy Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Not as busy as Puff's with all the meat that boy is cooking, but busy for me. Got some chicken quarters on sale and smoked them up for lunches and a dinner this week. Again, as noted, I'm a master of flavor corespondent for Wolfe Rubs and used Wolfe Rub Citrus for these bad boys. Can't wait until lunch tomorrow to try them out!

Got them rubbed and ready
[attachment=3:gmzgcobg]65.JPG[/attachment:gmzgcobg]
A few chunks of cherry
[attachment=2:gmzgcobg]66.JPG[/attachment:gmzgcobg]
5 up, 5 down
[attachment=1:gmzgcobg]68.JPG[/attachment:gmzgcobg]
Finished product
[attachment=0:gmzgcobg]74.JPG[/attachment:gmzgcobg]

Guru for smoking chicken?? That's worse than using a press for hamburger patties! You are losing integrity as a spokesperson for Wolfe Rub. We will discuss your commission percentages when I return from vacation....

Larry Wolfe said:
Guru for smoking chicken?? That's worse than using a press for hamburger patties! You are losing integrity as a spokesperson for Wolfe Rub. We will discuss your commission percentages when I return from vacation....
Here's another modern convience that I use that you probably never tried, it's called toilet paper. You should try it instead of the corncobs you have been using, maybe then you won't be so irritable ! :mrgreen: I'm all into making my life easy Larry, there's so many people always trying to make it tougher than it has to be! Hey, do you still sell the guru or did it go the way your hamburger presses went? :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
I should have had that years ago....wtf? :?

Good looking chicken parts young man. Contrary to popular opinyawn parts is not Parts I dont think.

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":8dqj2t7s]Guru for smoking chicken?? That's worse than using a press for hamburger patties! You are losing integrity as a spokesperson for Wolfe Rub. We will discuss your commission percentages when I return from vacation....
Here's another modern convience that I use that you probably never tried, it's called toilet paper. You should try it instead of the corncobs you have been using, maybe then you won't be so irritable ! :mrgreen: I'm all into making my life easy Larry, there's so many people always trying to make it tougher than it has to be! Hey, do you still sell the guru or did it go the way your hamburger presses went? :LOL:[/quote:8dqj2t7s]

I knocked Guru's for years, broke down and bought one to try.....used it 5 times and it didn't do anything different than the WSM cooking on it's own. Matter off fact, the WSM cooks better without it, but YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT! So I sold it, total waste of money if you know how to set your vents to control your temps....YOU obviously don't Ray! Maybe you should ask Mrs. Romano to light the coals and set the vents for you WITHOUT the Guru once. You probably cook on a gas grill too? Oh yeah, you really do! MORON! :LOL: :mrgreen:

BTW, I also have tried using toilet paper a couple times and it does not feel nearly as good as the corn cob!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":31nnzbam][quote="Larry Wolfe":31nnzbam]Guru for smoking chicken?? That's worse than using a press for hamburger patties! You are losing integrity as a spokesperson for Wolfe Rub. We will discuss your commission percentages when I return from vacation....
Here's another modern convience that I use that you probably never tried, it's called toilet paper. You should try it instead of the corncobs you have been using, maybe then you won't be so irritable ! :mrgreen: I'm all into making my life easy Larry, there's so many people always trying to make it tougher than it has to be! Hey, do you still sell the guru or did it go the way your hamburger presses went? :LOL:[/quote:31nnzbam]

I knocked Guru's for years, broke down and bought one to try.....used it 5 times and it didn't do anything different than the WSM cooking on it's own. Matter off fact, the WSM cooks better without it, but YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THAT! So I sold it, total waste of money if you know how to set your vents to control your temps....YOU obviously don't Ray! Maybe you should ask Mrs. Romano to light the coals and set the vents for you WITHOUT the Guru once. You probably cook on a gas grill too? Oh yeah, you really do! MORON! :LOL: :mrgreen:

BTW, I also have tried using toilet paper a couple times and it does not feel nearly as good as the corn cob![/quote:31nnzbam]

Please explain how it cooks better.

Good looking bird ya conjured up Nick. Smoked chicken is one of my favorites and I also cook extra for lunches and also it makes for really good chicken tacos.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2gcf6rof][quote="Nick Prochilo":2gcf6rof][quote="Larry Wolfe":2gcf6rof]Guru for smoking chicken?? That's worse than using a press for hamburger patties! You are losing integrity as a spokesperson for Wolfe Rub. We will discuss your commission percentages when I return from vacation....
Here's another modern convience that I use that you probably never tried, it's called toilet paper. You should try it instead of the corncobs you have been using, maybe then you won't be so irritable ! :mrgreen: I'm all into making my life easy Larry, there's so many people always trying to make it tougher than it has to be! Hey, do you still sell the guru or did it go the way your hamburger presses went? :LOL:[/quote:2gcf6rof]

BTW, I also have tried using toilet paper a couple times and it does not feel nearly as good as the corn cob![/quote:2gcf6rof]

Please explain how it cooks better.[/quote:2gcf6rof]

Yep I too am real close to selling the $500 Stoker set up for two UDS's. The UDS will run just fine without it. Infact half the time the temps are all over the damn place!!!!!!!!!!.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2m6dbfn9][quote="Nick Prochilo":2m6dbfn9][quote="Larry Wolfe":2m6dbfn9]Guru for smoking chicken?? That's worse than using a press for hamburger patties! You are losing integrity as a spokesperson for Wolfe Rub. We will discuss your commission percentages when I return from vacation....
Here's another modern convience that I use that you probably never tried, it's called toilet paper. You should try it instead of the corncobs you have been using, maybe then you won't be so irritable ! :mrgreen: I'm all into making my life easy Larry, there's so many people always trying to make it tougher than it has to be! Hey, do you still sell the guru or did it go the way your hamburger presses went? :LOL:[/quote:2m6dbfn9]

BTW, I also have tried using toilet paper a couple times and it does not feel nearly as good as the corn cob![/quote:2m6dbfn9]

Please explain how it cooks better.[/quote:2m6dbfn9]

1. Uses much less fuel WITHOUT THE GURU (in my experiences)
2. Far far fewer temp spikes WITHOUT THE GURU (in my experiences)
3. Never ever ever have to worry about some sort of computer error, power failure or operator error when you DON'T use a GURU.

If you know your cooker, you can cook better without a GURU. The food will come out the same more than likely, if there are no issues with the GURU. I just think in my opinion, a GURU is a waste of money for a WSM. It's simply not necessary and if you know your WSM, you can light it and set it and forget it EASILY for 12+ hours without touching it. Just my opinion through my experiences cooking with and without the GURU.

Come on Nicky, if Puff can become a Pitmaster, that shows anything regardless of how crazy it sounds, is possible. You can cook without a GURU.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2r3fs377][quote="Larry Wolfe":2r3fs377][quote="Nick Prochilo":2r3fs377][quote="Larry Wolfe":2r3fs377]Guru for smoking chicken?? That's worse than using a press for hamburger patties! You are losing integrity as a spokesperson for Wolfe Rub. We will discuss your commission percentages when I return from vacation....
Here's another modern convience that I use that you probably never tried, it's called toilet paper. You should try it instead of the corncobs you have been using, maybe then you won't be so irritable ! :mrgreen: I'm all into making my life easy Larry, there's so many people always trying to make it tougher than it has to be! Hey, do you still sell the guru or did it go the way your hamburger presses went? :LOL:[/quote:2r3fs377]

BTW, I also have tried using toilet paper a couple times and it does not feel nearly as good as the corn cob![/quote:2r3fs377]

Please explain how it cooks better.[/quote:2r3fs377]

1. Uses much less fuel WITHOUT THE GURU (in my experiences)
2. Far far fewer temp spikes WITHOUT THE GURU (in my experiences)
3. Never ever ever have to worry about some sort of computer error, power failure or operator error when you DON'T use a GURU.

If you know your cooker, you can cook better without a GURU. The food will come out the same more than likely, if there are no issues with the GURU. I just think in my opinion, a GURU is a waste of money for a WSM. It's simply not necessary and if you know your WSM, you can light it and set it and forget it EASILY for 12+ hours without touching it. Just my opinion through my experiences cooking with and without the GURU.

Come on Nicky, if Puff can become a Pitmaster, that shows anything regardless of how crazy it sounds, is possible. You can cook without a GURU.[/quote:2r3fs377]
I cooked for the first 2 years without one. Got one and never looked back. Doesn't use anymore fuel than without. Never had temp spikes with mine. On intial start up I set it 25* less than what I want. When it hits that temp, I increase the setting to what I want to cook at and go to sleep or work. Runs on a battery back so no need to worry about losing power, I even cooked once during a huricane! 12 hours+, not bad, but I've had it go 18 hours with only needing a shake of the coals to knock the ash off. I'm betting that my food would taste the same guru or no guru and if you used a guru yours would taste the same with or without it. I'm not trying to be a pitmaster, just have fun cooking for my family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom