it started innocently enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well it started out innocently enough….I was going to clean out Buford and season him…..well It’s a beautiful day and if I was going to fire him to season him I might as well cook something and have an excuse to try the new thermapen…1 corned beef and 2 bcc…..One of which got to drunk and fell over……They both are getting to dark because I am cooking at a higher temp than normal but they should be good eating…and the Mrs took the kids with were so I can cook from my hammock while hydrating myself…Life is good…Now I just have to make it in to work tonight….

Chicken is done..I used some essence and some blacken seasoning as the rub, a ½ can of Yueling and some of Dr. BBQ. Pork injection in the rest of the beer can, the woods of choice were apple and cheery …I have to say…This was the first time using my Thermapen and I don’t’ know how I lived without it…………..The corned beef is at 135*

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
mrgrumpy said:
Was it really the chicken that had too much, or the operator, and didn't remember putting it on it's side....

Bill
Looks like operator error to me :!: :grin:
Thats the way he started cooking it :!:

It was not operator error…..I put the can in the chicken prison style (didn’t lube it up) :eek: and the can was kind of bent…(I may have taken to much beer out of it)…The chickens came out good and the thermapen is awesome….I pulled the corn beef off early and finished it in the Crockpot… :eek: ..I did this for two reasons…..First I didn’t have the time to mess with it…and I think the Corned Beef gets to salty when cooked exclusively on the smoker….

mrgrumpy said:
wittdog said:
It was not operator error…..I put the can in the chicken prison style (didn’t lube it up) :eek: and the can was kind of bent…(I may have taken to much beer out of it)…

That's what they all say.... It wasn't my fault....

Good looking though.... I too have found corned beef to be salty when grilled or smoked. have gotten where I soak it in a pot of water for a while before hand... that helps.

Bill
Good point Grumpy dude :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom