Injecting Meat - Yea or Nay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just one more point of clarification. When I say considerably moister, I'm talking about after pulling and sitting awhile. The pork was still moist 1 hour after it was pulled. I'm always worried about those 10-15 minutes in the competition after it is pulled and while it's waiting to hit the judges tables. That's where I think it might give you an edge.

Kloset BBQR said:
Now I'll probably try some home brewed injections with non Fab P products (Pineapple Juice, soy sauce, etc and see how that turns out).

Be careful using soy as a injection ingredient. I've used white grape juice and it gives a nice flavor. If you use the smoke stock in any sauce to go with the meat it's awesome.

Rich Decker

PS I inject everything at competitions

Rich, what is the problem with soy, other than it's saltiness? I've seen it used in many injection receipes. I do have some white seedless grape juice. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tips.

For me salt is the biggest issue. The dark color may streak brisket. Joe Ames stresses not to inject with salt and his Fab products don't contain any salt. Joe is a wealth of information if you ever get to talk to him.

Earlier my product got to salty so maybe I'm a little cautious of salt.

Rich Decker

www.lostnationvt.com

Back
Top Bottom