I'm off work and I'm cooking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Doing some pulled chicken and ribs. The ribs and half of the chicken is for folks at work. Rubbed everything down with Wolfe Rub, using oak for wood. Everything went on at noon and LuLu is doing her magic chugging away. Thanks Steve for the Easy Up, I'm gonna need it with all the rain!

Looking good so far Lar.
I'm off too and will be doing a yardbird for dinner and then two butts for Alexis's 2nd birthday party tomorrow.
Just waiting for the wife to come home so I can go pick up the butts.... :-X

Bill The Grill Guy said:
See Larry, with just a simple phone call, you could have had someone up there to drink your beer. :!:

Come on up Bill, I'll fill the cooler up!

Happy Birthday to the little one Scotty!

Dang Larry... I just got back from lunch and now I am hungry again...

hmmmm ... by the way I figger it... I could leave work right now and be there in time to dine on them ribs.... ok.. I talked myself into it... on my way :horse:

What kind of beer should I bring with me? :bar:

Greg Rempe said:
Larry, is it safe to have that chicken drip on your ribs?? Just wondering?? :)

Greg, I know you are kidding but I'll entertain your question anyways. The chicken will be done long before the ribs, therefore the chicken juices are fine drippng onto the ribs.

Gary in VA said:
Dang Larry... I just got back from lunch and now I am hungry again...

hmmmm ... by the way I figger it... I could leave work right now and be there in time to dine on them ribs.... ok.. I talked myself into it... on my way :horse:

What kind of beer should I bring with me? :bar:

Gary, since you offered, I'd love some New Castle! =P~

Hell Larry when DO you work? #-o :!:
Looking good there! I had me a pile of ribs for lunch as well. Got to save the other rack for the wife when she gets home tonight. I'm headed for Houston to put some eyeballs on my pit. :!:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":3jznazvm]Larry, is it safe to have that chicken drip on your ribs?? Just wondering?? :)

Greg, I know you are kidding but I'll entertain your question anyways. The chicken will be done long before the ribs, therefore the chicken juices are fine drippng onto the ribs.
[/quote:3jznazvm]
But the juices are from raw chicken when they're dripping ~ I wouldn't try it... 8-[

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2bq5eu3u][quote="Greg Rempe":2bq5eu3u]Larry, is it safe to have that chicken drip on your ribs?? Just wondering?? :)

[/quote:2bq5eu3u]
But the juices are from raw chicken when they're dripping ~ I wouldn't try it... 8-[[/quote:2bq5eu3u]

Seeing as the chicken is already at 160* and the ribs still have a couple hours to cook, it WON'T be a problem! It's common sense, when I pull the chicken off the cooker it will be completely cooked and the ribs will continue to cook. What's the problem? I'm not being a smart ass, but there's nothing to worry about.

Re: NICE LOOKING Q!

4decksam said:
What kind of smoker is that? I like the upper rack.

Sam

BTW: when I read your quote at the bottom I can't help butt say it to myself as

Confusious say;
"Man who rub butt before bed, Wake up with sticky finger"
:!: :D

Sam, that pit is "LuLu" and she's a Gator pit! www.gatorpit.net

BTW, welcome to the board!

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3tt3y85g][quote="Greg Rempe":3tt3y85g]Larry, is it safe to have that chicken drip on your ribs?? Just wondering?? :)

[/quote:3tt3y85g]
But the juices are from raw chicken when they're dripping ~ I wouldn't try it... 8-[[/quote:3tt3y85g]

I've done the same thing with my turkey's. I like the juices from them drip on the pork or brisket. As long as the temps are comming up together, its not a problem.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="The Joker":1k8t4q19][quote="Larry Wolfe":1k8t4q19][quote="Greg Rempe":1k8t4q19]Larry, is it safe to have that chicken drip on your ribs?? Just wondering?? :)

[/quote:1k8t4q19]
But the juices are from raw chicken when they're dripping ~ I wouldn't try it... 8-[[/quote:1k8t4q19]

Seeing as the chicken is already at 160* and the ribs still have a couple hours to cook, it WON'T be a problem! It's common sense, when I pull the chicken off the cooker it will be completely cooked and the ribs will continue to cook. What's the problem? I'm not being a smart ass, but there's nothing to worry about.[/quote:1k8t4q19]
I know.. Here's my view ~ The chicken was raw when you put it on and it drips raw juices until it gets to 160...And those raw juices are falling on the ribs.

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2gl4b6sa][quote="The Joker":2gl4b6sa][quote="Larry Wolfe":2gl4b6sa][quote="Greg Rempe":2gl4b6sa]Larry, is it safe to have that chicken drip on your ribs?? Just wondering?? :)

[/quote:2gl4b6sa]
But the juices are from raw chicken when they're dripping ~ I wouldn't try it... 8-[[/quote:2gl4b6sa]

Seeing as the chicken is already at 160* and the ribs still have a couple hours to cook, it WON'T be a problem! It's common sense, when I pull the chicken off the cooker it will be completely cooked and the ribs will continue to cook. What's the problem? I'm not being a smart ass, but there's nothing to worry about.[/quote:2gl4b6sa]
I know.. Here's my view ~ The chicken was raw when you put it on and it drips raw juices until it gets to 160...And those raw juices are falling on the ribs.[/quote:2gl4b6sa]

Okay, what am I missing? Aren't the ribs cooking too? The juices are no longer raw.

:pop: Nope, not big enough for this one

Maybe this one.

esvy9t_th.gif

I'm not trying to cause trouble here...but I just remember hearing that you never want chicken juice (raw) dripping on anything ever! But it is ok to have your pork butt drippingd on the chicken. Again, I don't know for sure but that's how I remember it...chicken on the bottom always and whatever else on the top. :)

Greg Rempe said:
I'm not trying to cause trouble here...but I just remember hearing that you never want chicken juice (raw) dripping on anything ever! But it is ok to have your pork butt drippingd on the chicken. Again, I don't know for sure but that's how I remember it...chicken on the bottom always and whatever else on the top. :)

They went on at the same time, the ribs take alot longer than the chicken. Had I put the chicken on an hour or so AFTER I put the ribs on, your point would be valid. However the juices that do drip on the ribs will cook thoroughly.

Back
Top Bottom