I'm lookin for suggestions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cucklebur

Assistant Cook
I'm looking for a dual probe meat thermometer. What kind do you recommend?

Ya know I was fixing to mention that brand to her but went over and looked at em at amazon and read some real unattractive reviews. Whatever happened to Polder? They seem to have sorta wrote the book on the gizmos. Just checking..cuz I need to buy a new one too. I got an old Polder marked as coming from Williams Sonoma. Been many sits on it by fat boys and had more that a beer or two dumped on it over the years..nearly got bbq'd with the meat a few times. Still working. Only has one checker gizmo. Seems to be getting persnickety on the distance away you can be.

Ill say this about that...when they work, they are good, but they are prob not the highest quality product. Be very careful with how you handle it an you'll be fine.. Also, the folks over there are good to work with if you have a problem..

Now notice Mr Crabnbass has a higher 700 series model number than some are promoting. I would like the one where you do not have to take off the battery door to turn it on. Now which one is that? lol.

bigwheel said:
Now notice Mr Crabnbass has a higher 700 series model number than some are promoting. I would like the one where you do not have to take off the battery door to turn it on. Now which one is that? lol.
Every time I turn that thing on I wonder what brilliant engineer thought that through ... maybe it is a moisture / weather thing, but it just doesn't seem like you should have to take that door off every time you want to turn it on or off. Maybe I should just leave it turned on until the batteries run down then I would have a purpose in opening that little battery door. :D

bbquzz said:
bigwheel said:
Every time I turn that thing on I wonder what brilliant engineer thought that through ... maybe it is a moisture / weather thing, but it just doesn't seem like you should have to take that door off every time you want to turn it on or off. Maybe I should just leave it turned on until the batteries run down then I would have a purpose in opening that little battery door. :D

Energizer is their sponsor!

Well a person could surely see it would be a good way to keep folks from turning it on and off accidentally. Or maybe mischievously. I have heard of folks going wee wee in other folks fireboxes in the wee hours in a spirit of type A mean natured competitiveness. Dont think a fella like that would mind turning off a remote yup temp gauge..if it was handy. Now smart folks would just yank the wire come to thunk on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom