I'm Excited and NERVOUS... (LONG)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Over the past three years since taking up BBQ as a hobby, obsession, life form, whatever it is that we call it; the majority of the people I've met in person and talked to on-line on various boards live for that moment when someone either in their family but especially someone they don't know tells them that their Q is the best they have ever had, or offers some type of compliment on their food.

Well last week it happened to me. One of the girls that is a 911 dispatcher at the police department where I used to work called me up and asked me if I would make pulled pork for her rehearsal dinner for tomorrow night for 24 people. Now I have socialized with Maureen and her fiance in the past and some of the people that will be there tomorrow, and they have eaten my Q before and I always get compliments from them on it.

BUT for her to ask me to do it for an event during the "week of her life" was really something special to me and to tell you the truth I really get kind of moved about it when I think of it. Some of you more seasoned veterans may think I'm being silly or overly sentimental but I was really honored when she asked me, that she and Rick thought enough of my Q to have me supply it for their dinner.

That's enough for now, just got done prepping the butts and they're resting for awhile. Thanks for listening...I really do consider all of you just like family and best friends so I thought I would share this important monent with you. THANKS!

SHE'S DESPERATE! Her caterer canceled!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OK. That's great Bruce! Hope everything works out fine! :(

Cool Bruce. That's quite an honor. You'll do great. Don't forget some pics for us that live vicariously.

Griff

Bruce, I'm with you buddy! I too love it when people compliment me on the Q I make. That's what it's all about! Good luck, it'll turn out great!

You'll do fine Bruce...I has some lady up the street ask me to do a socail club Q for her but haven't heard back from her...congrats!!

Sheesh!!! Whatta BLOWHARD! Just don't screw it up or you will RUIN HER LIFE!!!!! I taught you all I know up in Grand Rapids so you should be cool! Good Job son! Woody

Woodman said:
Sheesh!!! Whatta BLOWHARD! Just don't screw it up or you will RUIN HER LIFE!!!!! I taught you all I know up in Grand Rapids so you should be cool! Good Job son! Woody

Bruce in that case, DO NOT make the BBQ for that woman1

Back
Top Bottom