If... - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > General Barbecue
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #1

Re: If...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdroller
If on subsequent cooks, I can duplicate the ribs I cooked today I'm gonna be one happy man.

The ribs came from BJ's and were fresher (expiration date 8/14 when I bought them on 8/4) and more evenly sized that those I've bought at Costco. So-o-o. I can go back to BJ's.

I used Worcestershire sauce and TXBBQRub 24 hours ahead and recoated with rub just before I put them in the smoker. So-o-o. I can do that again.

I was diligent in keeping the heat between 215 and 240 for four hours (red oak and hickory) before I put the ribs in foil and raised the heat to 240 for 1 hour. Keeping that 215-240 temperature range in an offset using only wood while the ribs were bare was a little harder, but I can do that again, I think.

I removed the foil and smoked them for 1/2 hour before I brushed pineapple jelly on for the last 1/2 hour, temperature 225 and falling. I can do that again.

After that.... Well, I don't need to tell you. But I do need to thank all of you who have posted help to those of use new to offset smokin'.

She took all the love that a poor boy could give her,
And left me to die like a fox on the run.
Sounds good! Just 2 questions.. Based on your cooking times, I assume they were loin backs? (2) Was that the original or Brisket Blend you used?

24 hours ~ I might just try that.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #2

Quote:
If on subsequent cooks, I can duplicate the ribs I cooked today I'm gonna be one happy man.

The ribs came from BJ's and were fresher (expiration date 8/14 when I bought them on 8/4) and more evenly sized that those I've bought at Costco. So-o-o. I can go back to BJ's.

I used Worcestershire sauce and TXBBQRub 24 hours ahead and recoated with rub just before I put them in the smoker. So-o-o. I can do that again.

I was diligent in keeping the heat between 215 and 240 for four hours (red oak and hickory) before I put the ribs in foil and raised the heat to 240 for 1 hour. Keeping that 215-240 temperature range in an offset using only wood while the ribs were bare was a little harder, but I can do that again, I think.

I removed the foil and smoked them for 1/2 hour before I brushed pineapple jelly on for the last 1/2 hour, temperature 225 and falling. I can do that again.

After that.... Well, I don't need to tell you. But I do need to thank all of you who have posted help to those of use new to offset smokin'.

Sounds good! Just 2 questions.. Based on your cooking times, I assume they were loin backs? (2) Was that the original or Brisket Blend you used?

Old 08-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
Official BBQ Central Mark

Glad to hear that they were so good. Just keep cooking and you'll be able to do it the same on a more frequent basis.

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #4

Quote:

Old 08-06-2006, 07:21 PM   #5

Want to ask him one more time, Joker. #-o

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Old 08-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finney
GREG! Fix this board :-X !!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker
Quote:
He's trying to!

But you just posted again #-o
Old 08-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Quote:
He's trying to

But you just posted again
Old 08-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #12

Damn post count 'ho(s). #-o

in seach of Umami
Old 08-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #13

:dunno:
Old 08-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #14

Greg fix this board!! :-X

Sorry Bill
Old 08-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, Original Blend. First time I've used Worcestershire sauce ( in the past I've used that only with beef) with pork. Reread my post. Total cook time 6 hours, 24 hours precook if fridge with first coating of rub. Spare ribs.

Ah-h-h. Pics. That's another story. I've had to buy a digital camera since you ass....s can't be satisfied without them. And getting them online is worse than mowing the lawn--and I mow 3.5 acres. I'm trying.
Thanks!