I need so hwlp with bady back ribs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Missing Link

Sous Chef
I would to know how long bb ribs take to cook on the smoker? I have never done them before they are in the 3-pound range so I’m thinking 5 hour and I have 3 racks. I would like a good-baked bean recipe? How long do sausage fatty take to somke?

Thanks for all your help.
Missing Link.

Link, I would do the bb's 311. 3 hrs in the smoke, 1 hr foiled, and 1 hr back in the smoke sauced.
Pull the fatty when the internal temp is 165*
Are you using the CG?
Scotty has an awesome recipe for baked beans in the sides section.
Good luck ;)

SuckleBusters Baked Beans:

Cook 6 slices bacon until crisp. Set aside.
Leave 3 - 4 TBL bacon grease in pan.
Add 1 large Chopped onion, cook until tender. Set aside.

In large baking dish:
4 Large Cans Baked beans (16 oz)
Add:
4 TBL Brown Sugar
4 TBL Ketsup
2 TBL Lea and Perrins
2 TBL Mustard
Cooked Onion.
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Mix and top with bacon.

Bake at 350 1 hour or until it looks slightly firm. Cant miss.

Happy New Year, Gator.

Here's Bill the Grill Guys baked beans. These are the best beans I ever ate. I did these once with baby back ribs and had my folks over. My dad said, skip the ribs, just give me more of them beans!

One large can of Show Boat beans (24 servings)
One lb sausage, I like Jimmy Dean
One onion
One green pepper
1 tb fennel seed
1/4 c brown suger
3/4 c ketchup
1/4 c viniger

Brown the sausage, add the onion pepper and fennel seed. Drain the beans, add to a 1/2 pan and combine all ingrediants. Bake covered at 350 for 45 min or until bubbly.

Link my BB usually take about 5hrs
Fatties like Puff said 165* it when I do them about 2.5hrs...I flip them 1/2 way in the offset

Far as beans
1 Big can of Baked Beans
1 small can Butter Beans
1 small can red kidney beans
1 small can dark red kidney bean
1 lb cooked ground beef
1 lb cooked bacon crumbled
Sautated Onions and peppers
Then to taste
Molases
Ketchup
Mustard
Brown Sugar
Garlic Powder and Onion Powder
Chilli Powder
Black Pepper

The Missing Link said:
I would to know how long bb ribs take to cook on the smoker? I have never done them before they are in the 3-pound range so I’m thinking 5 hour and I have 3 racks. I would like a good-baked bean recipe? How long do sausage fatty take to somke?

Thanks for all your help.
Missing Link.

6 Hours would be good enough for ribs. Thats what mine average.

Link what temp are you cooking at and what kind of cooker? Baby backs can stand a higher temp than spares. I cook em at 275. I usually average about 3 1/2 hours but I 've had them done as quickly as 2 1/2 on my Primo oval. You can also cook baby backs over direct heat in which case they'll be done right around 1 hour or a little less. Use the tong (tong not thong) test. Pick the rack up towards the end with a pair of tongs. If they start to break in the middle they're done. I don't foil. Start checking those ribs around the three hour mark. I think five hours will probably over cook them but it all depends on your cooker and the temps you cook at.

Like most have replied it depends on your cooker and cooker temperature. The air deprivation cookers like the WSM, Backwoods and ceramics seem to cook faster then the free air flow cookers (off sets). I cook on a Lang 84 and use Swift's loin backs from Cosco at all competitions. I start them off in the warm spot in the cooker(250*) for 3 hours. We then foil them with some warm liquid and move them into the coolest spot on the cooker for 2 hours,we let the cooker bun out at this point. The ribs are remover from the foil and we save the liquid ( we use it in our finishing sauces). The ribs are really tender at this point and the pit temperature is around 180*. This last hour they tighten up while we glaze them a few times. Last season we got 7 calls in ribs and the ribs I cooked at Wildwood that were DQ'ed came in 12th. At the Salisbury contest I tried something different with spares and they came in 47th. I wont cook anything but loin Backs again.

I'm with the 4 hour crowd! BB's at 200-250 abverage should not need more than 4 hr (WITH THE COOKER CLOSED!)

I don't use no stinkin foil.... ;) I also put the ribs on right from the fridge and start cooking them a lower temp and then bump it up

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom