I love my WSM's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Cranked them up at 5:30 this morning and put the meat on.

8 butts weighing 69 lbs and they are running equal dome temps.

This is the second such cook this week. I have been cooking for our local Fire Company's "Fall Festival" coming up this weekend. Some how I got nominated to take care of ALL the food. Reheating the butts 2 ways. I will have 10 in food saver bags and will reheat in boiling water and 6 whole butts in foil that I will have on my smoker for ambiance.

Here is the menu:

Pulled pork Sammies 350 servings
baked beans 210 servings
cole slaw 200 servings
hamburgers 320 servings
hot dogs 320 servings
french fries 512 servings
soda's
water
and coffee

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Cranked them up at 5:30 this morning and put the meat on.

8 butts weighing 69 lbs and they are running equal dome temps.

This is the second such cook this week. I have been cooking for our local Fire Company's "Fall Festival" coming up this weekend. Some how I got nominated to take care of ALL the food. Reheating the butts 2 ways. I will have 10 in food saver bags and will reheat in boiling water and 6 whole butts in foil that I will have on my smoker for ambiance.

Here is the menu:

Pulled pork Sammies 350 servings
baked beans 210 servings
cole slaw 200 servings
hamburgers 320 servings
hot dogs 320 servings
french fries 512 servings
soda's
water
and coffee

I, I, I it's always about you Bill. :LOL:

The only thing I see missing Is Pop's Bill.
I didn't know a WSM could hold 4 butts

007bond-jb said:

Oh yeah, real easy. I did one case on monday and another one today on 2 WSM's.

Man thats killer... I got to get one them now too....great for the beach... [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

007bond-jb said:

JB, WSM's are amazing cookers. HERE'Sa cook I did for my daughters graduation when I did six butts on one WSM.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="007bond-jb":wcf3wrfy]The only thing I see missing Is Pop's Bill.

JB, WSM's are amazing cookers. HERE'Sa cook I did for my daughters graduation when I did six butts on one WSM.[/quote:wcf3wrfy]Larry. How long does all the coals in the picture last? Do you set it up and then just check every so often?

surfinsapo said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="007bond-jb":1g2y19e0]The only thing I see missing Is Pop's Bill.

JB, WSM's are amazing cookers. HERE'Sa cook I did for my daughters graduation when I did six butts on one WSM.
Larry. How long does all the coals in the picture last? Do you set it up and then just check every so often?[/quote:1g2y19e0]

That load of Kingsford will last anywhere from 15-20 hours, depending on the weather. It's pretty much like the your Kamado and my Primos as far as set it and forget it. You may have to make a minimal adjustment once or twice. Biggest difference between the them is the WSM uses alot more fuel than a Ceramic.

Larry Wolfe said:
surfinsapo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3sy3xwvh][quote="007bond-jb":3sy3xwvh]The only thing I see missing Is Pop's Bill.

Larry. How long does all the coals in the picture last? Do you set it up and then just check every so often?[/quote:3sy3xwvh]

That load of Kingsford will last anywhere from 15-20 hours, depending on the weather. It's pretty much like the your Kamado and my Primos as far as set it and forget it. You may have to make a minimal adjustment once or twice. Biggest difference between the them is the WSM uses alot more fuel than a Ceramic.[/quote:3sy3xwvh]Cool.. and it's a lot lighter too.. Mine weighs 485 lbs... I'm gettin one.. You sell them? Who do you suggest as a dealer otherwise? Sorry Bill.... You makin me a real believer in one of these man...

surfinsapo said:
Larry Wolfe said:
surfinsapo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3h5e5tp9][quote="007bond-jb":3h5e5tp9]The only thing I see missing Is Pop's Bill.

Larry. How long does all the coals in the picture last? Do you set it up and then just check every so often?

That load of Kingsford will last anywhere from 15-20 hours, depending on the weather. It's pretty much like the your Kamado and my Primos as far as set it and forget it. You may have to make a minimal adjustment once or twice. Biggest difference between the them is the WSM uses alot more fuel than a Ceramic.[/quote:3h5e5tp9]Cool.. and it's a lot lighter too.. Mine weighs 485 lbs... I'm gettin one.. You sell them? Who do you suggest as a dealer otherwise? Sorry Bill.... You makin me a real believer in one of these man...[/quote:3h5e5tp9]

You can search for the cheapest price, but Amazon in my opinion is the best most reliable place to buy them and they are around $249 free s&h. If you go through Amazon use the link on the BBQ Central Homepage.

I ordered a WSM for my brother a while back from the Grill Doctor for $179, free S&H...........it took over 2 months for him to get it. BIG BIG HEADACHE and they would have to be free for me to order from them again!

Back
Top Bottom