I finely have sometime to barbecue!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Missing Link

Sous Chef
I finely have sometime to do some barbecuing. So I’m going all out I have a 17.5 lb brisket And a 4.5 lb set of ribs this will be my first time smoking Ribs So I’m look forward to those I don’t know way I waited so but I’m doing some now so wish me luck AND I will keep you up date with pictures.

All right Link, sounds like your ready to smoke.
My wife picked up some monster spares last week, they took forever to cook........Good luck on the cook and can't wait to see the pics. :grin:

Now that's a garganchuin brisket there Chris!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished pic's buddy!

Dang that's big piece of beef. All I could get was a flat where I went, but
I think I'd like the point better, personally.

I got everything finish up the brisket had a great flavor but was a little bit on the dry side I don’t know what I did wrong. There was one thing that was weird about this cook from others this brisket only took 4.5 hour to cook it was tender but was a little dry I’m going to start by check my thermometer and add a thermometer to the out side of the char-griller. I think I was a little on the high side on my temp. The rib were very good but was over cook I could pull each rib bone out. I forgot to take picture of the finish brisket but have some of the ribs. Enjoy everyone I'm going to bed.

A 5 hr 17lb brisket is better than 9-1/2 hr birds. :eek:

Link, I made some modifications to my chargriller that Oompappy had posted. I have mine posted below. It is hard to control the temp on a chargriller because they are so thin and there is so much unauthorized ventilation.

If you do nothing else, extend the exhaust to grate level and do not trust the stock temp gauge, it is only good for pluging that big hole. :eek:

http://myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/viewt ... orum=bbq4u

http://myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/viewt ... orum=bbq4u

Looked good Link, Like Cliff said that temp gauge isn't worth a s*#t.
I bought a couple of digital therms I don't even look at the other one anymore, it's amazing how far off it was :eek:

I have done all of the mod to this smoker that are worth doing the only one I have not done was add a thermometer to the out of the lid. I use a nu-temp Wireless thermometer I love this thing but I had it now 3 years so don’t know if they need any calibrated. The smoker is a very good cooker I had no problem control the temp at all So I it has to be the thermometer. :)

Back
Top Bottom