How much apple juice in foil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

92hatchattack

Senior Cook
Ok, going to be trying my first baby back ribs on saturday. Ive done some looking around and i think im going to go with 2 hours in the smoker, 1 hour foiled with juice, and 1 more hour to firm up.... then add sauce..... something like that. lol

How much juice do i put in the foil for each rack of ribs?

Does any of this change when using a rib rack? I mean as far as cooking times
or anything? I hear if you use a rack that holds the ribs close together it will increase cooking time, but I saw a rack at lowes that will space the ribs about 2" from eachother. Is this ok? Are there negative effects from using a rack?

Just trying to save a little cooking space.

I'm still confused as to if I should foil or not. People seem to be 50/50 on this topic.

This time around only about 4. Also gotta fit on some baked potatoes and beans. But in the future probally going to try and squeze 12-15 racks on the uds for larger familly get together. Pretty much as much as I can fit on will go on in those situations.

If you chop em in half. You may be able to get that many (12-15) into a rack....Some laying against the side of the racks. You wanna keep them as close to the center as possible.

For 4 I'd ctill chop em in half and rack em.

Wow, u think I could get 15 on one grate? That's nuts! I have two levels of grates in my uds about 7.5" apart so I guess I have enty of cooling room. Lol.

I quit adding liquid to the foil. Just wrap them up and they will be fine and my personal opion is that 1 hour in foil is too long, I go no longer than 45 minutes and even that can be too long.

Ok, last question before the cook this afternoon!

When finishing up with sauce, if im not able to get it onto the grill to carmalize the sauce up, can i finish it up in the smoker? If finishing in the smoker should i start to sauce up at 4 hours, or sauce at 3.5 hours and let it gew up for the last 30 minutes?

92hatchattack said:
Ok, last question before the cook this afternoon!

When finishing up with sauce, if im not able to get it onto the grill to carmalize the sauce up, can i finish it up in the smoker? If finishing in the smoker should i start to sauce up at 4 hours, or sauce at 3.5 hours and let it gew up for the last 30 minutes?

You can finish it up in the smoker, just crank up the heat. How long depends on how you like your glaze, the longer you leave it on, the less gewy it gets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom