How long for 2 Butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It usually takes me about 10hrs at 250* grate temp on my offset, wrapped at 165* and pulled around 198* - lower temp or not wrapping will take longer.

10.25 hours at 250 on the Stumps. They always finish early and pizz me off at comps cause I'm shooting for a 12 hour cook. Even faster if you inject them or trim all the fat.

Light the fire, put the butt on, and grab a few beverages of choice.
When the bone is stickin' out of the said butt........done! (Have quite a few beverages and quite a bit of time)
That is the only advice I can give ya' cookin' on an offset. Good luck!
8)

Puff said:
When the bone is stickin' out of the said butt........done! (Have quite a few beverages and quite a bit of time)
8)

Thats about the best advice. I just needed an average idea so I can plan ahead. I don't care if they are done early as I will wrap them in foil and a towel and place them in a cooler. I have a BBQ on Sunday at 1pm so I figure on starting Saturday night at 9pm @ 250 degrees. That gives me plenty of time.

The last time I did three butts that weighed 4-5#s apiece and it took about 9 hours to get em to 200 internal temp. Did not foil on this cook.

ThePigWhisperer said:
Puff said:
8)

Thats about the best advice. I just needed an average idea so I can plan ahead. I don't care if they are done early as I will wrap them in foil and a towel and place them in a cooler. I have a BBQ on Sunday at 1pm so I figure on starting Saturday night at 9pm @ 250 degrees. That gives me plenty of time.
Plenty 8)

Back
Top Bottom