How big a pig can I do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
I have a 20x48 inch Klose tuned offset with a center hinge, so I can open the whole thing. I've been wanting to BBQ a whole big on it which I can buy within 5 miles of my house. My question is how big of a pig should I use? Thanks for the input. BD

big dude said:
I have a 20x48 inch Klose tuned offset with a center hinge, so I can open the whole thing. I've been wanting to BBQ a whole big on it which I can buy within 5 miles of my house. My question is how big of a pig should I use? Thanks for the input. BD

I'd find a small one say 50lbs to start off with and go from there...

I measured a 200 lb job last week, heiner to nose was 54". Loop off the head and it will loose 10".

if the question is how big a hog can you fit in there, you can fit a hoggy that is nearly 4 ft long.. and as Rag said start cchopping heads and feet off, and you'll find added inches... if you're asking how big a hog you should cook,, need to know for how many people

Cooking the whole pig is the easy part.
Once he's cooked then the work begins.
Make sure you have a lot of helpers around. :)

Not sure if a 200 lber is going to fit in there. I have a 4' X 2' chamber and can get a 120lber max. Not because of the length of the piggy, but the width from right hoof to left hoof.

Tim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom