How about some Chuck Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I know there has been many a thread about Rancher Charcoal but today was my first run with it. As Puff stated before, it burns hot. Vents all but closed and still had trouble keeping temps below 270 in the dome. An overnight cook would have kept me up all night I am afraid.

I put two nice Chuck Roast on at 11:00 am and it is now 9:22 pm and my wsm is holding steay at 325 with the bottom vents only cracked. I want to see how long it holds temps.

I injected both roast with beef broth, apple juice and wooster last night. I rubbed one with Tx BBQ Rub "Wild" and one with Wolfe Rub Bold.

They were in the smoke until they hit 170 internal then wrapped in foil and back on the smoker until fork tender. The probe read 210 but who cares. " Fork Tender " Rested in the oven wrapped in towels for a couple of hours and had to use bbq gloves because they were still smoking hot.

All I can say is that I am going to eat good next week. :D

There is also a couple of shots of my flooring project. ;)

Man I love chuck! Looking forward to the shredded pic's Cliff!

Nice job on the floor!!!

Great looking food & floor Cliff!
I've never injected a chuck. I'll have to give it a try.

If yer not learning on this site, it's yer fault.

I need a damn note pad everytime I open one of you boy's threads. Funny thing is I came here thinking I was pretty smart and come to find out I'm only Pretty. :roll:

lol
Looks good man!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom