Homemade BBQ Baked Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Got some homemade BBQ baked beans from scratch on right making the whole house smell good. I can't wait til they're done!
I'll finish them up on the grill.

Mine are done pretty much but, they're actually for tommorrow's meal. They'll be going on the grill for a lil smoke and heating up.

img_238982_0_0e718fe7d046cc2df2b0ea7bd5317811.jpg

Traegernator said:
Got some homemade BBQ baked beans from scratch on right making the whole house smell good. I can't wait til they're done!
I'll finish them up on the grill.
Good for you. I was going to make some from scratch but thought about everything else I'm cooking and decided to doctor up some Bush's instead. I always keep some Bush's and smoked ham hocks around so it was an easy decision.

Wow that is some fine looking beans. I admire anybody who do the baked bean thing from scratch. I tried it a time or two and decided whut I had birthed tasted sorta like a cross twixt Van Camp pork n beans and a handful of China Berries. Jumped directly back to Bushes or Ranch Style:) Fine job Sir. I wonder if the scratch models make a person mo or less gassy than the canned version? Did you roll the gas out of em with a rolling pin prior to cooking? Enquiring minds need to know this kinda stuff. Thanks.

Here's a better picture after they were on the grill getting a lil smoke.
The meat I used in these was tasso and andouille.
img_239049_0_0d256883c27739f1a9c9c310f172c016.jpg

Everybody loved them and even suggested that these ARE better than the canned versions. They take longer than opening a can but, definitely better tasting. As for the gaseousness of them, only time will tell. Lol.... :D

I've tried to make baked beans from scratch & have never been happy with them. One really lazy day, I opened some cans & threw this together. The family really, really liked them. 1 lg (28 oz.) can baked beans (I use Van Camp's) 1 regular (16 oz.) can pork n' beans Onion (I used dried onions a lot of the time) Bacon Famous Dave's Sassy Chipotle BBQ sauce Dice the (fresh) onions & saute w/ bacon. ..

ScottyDaQ said:
...make a sammich out of cold beans ...?
My cousin and I were talking with friends a couple weeks ago and we were reminiscing fondly about cold baked bean sandwiches at our grandmother's. The other (much younger) members of the group were saying, basically, "EW-W-W-W".

But put catsup on mine.

Back
Top Bottom