holding ribs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gordon1

Senior Cook
running a little hotter today than I like (lump and hot weather) and looks like they will be ready before I need them. oven will be occupied so I can't use it. anyway I've read folks foil and towel just like butts to hold ribs but I'm concerned the bark would suffer and they might turn into "fall off the bone" and I sure don't want that!

suggestions?

hard to say. 1 rack of 4 is close now. the others got a little while. they won't need to sit more than an hour, hour and a half or so.

Sound like a plan to me. Thanks Bosco. Had some pals who cooked ribs for Restaurant Sunday Buffets..and in a Steam Table the longer they sit the mushier they get toward the bottom of the heap. Might double stack em for just a bit maybe. Notice some of the well captitalized operations now seem to have gizmos designed to hold perfect temps and humidity etc. But who can afford that? Let us know how it turns out. Thanks.

I always finish my ribs a couple of hours after I smoke them and then reheat them on the grill, I love the texture of them that way. If I'm gonna sauce I sauce them on the grill and let it caramelize. I think ribs taste way better after they have rested for a long time.

I always finish my ribs a couple of hours after I smoke them and then reheat them on the grill, I love the texture of them that way. If I'm gonna sauce I sauce them on the grill and let it caramelize. I think ribs taste way better after they have rested for a long time.

So, you smoke 'em, wrap in foil then heat on the grill with sauce before serving?

I try follow the same general procedure. When done..foiled and in the hot box for at least an hour..3 hrs is better..then back in the heat for a sweet glaze to finish them off.

I do about the same for loin backs....about 4&1/2 hr to cook, dbl foil, hold in the warmer for up to 5 hrs.....if you can sling the meat off the bone, no problemo, I kinda like 'em like that...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom