High Temp Paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ojsmitty

Assistant Cook
Not sure if this is the right section, but I am just wondering if there is any good safe high temp paint that I could paint the inside of my UDS with? If not that, what about powder coating? Thanks!

Don't paint the inside. Just get her blazin hot to cook off any crap that is in there before you cook food with it. my opinion. Welcome to the forum OJ!

Not sure if this is the right section, but I am just wondering if there is any good safe high temp paint that I could paint the inside of my UDS with? If not that, what about powder coating? Thanks!

Why do u want to paint the inside? Just curious

My opinion I would be black after the first cook anyways. If u are worried about rust , just use it. :D. U can also use vegetable spray.

I never heard of food grade paint, but try and Google it.

Yeah, the rust inside is what I was trying to avoid, and I thought there may be a way to keep it lasting longer.....I did buy 2 drums so I could replace the one when it started to rust, though. haha.

What do you mean by using the vegetable oil? I am all new to this.

Do a search on "Seasoning" to gain a better understanding of why rust shouldn't be an issue.

Like Wahoo said on drum rust won't be a issue. Befor u use it the first time wash it, as soon as it's dry spray it with Pam or any cheap vegetable spray on the inside. Fire it up and season it.

I DON'T ever put ANYTHING inside my smoker that I don't want to eat.

PERIOD!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom