Hickory Wind Blowing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
The boys are off school today but we’ve been working….We’ve got that hickory wind rolling…A bunch of jerky in the smokehouse, and some beef ribs and bacon wrapped hot dogs on Buford…oh yeah and a fatty. We also prepped 80lbs of butts for our Easter Sausage which we will be stuffing and smoking tomorrow. Heres a quick pic of the stuff on the offset…

Captain Morgan said:
well sir, I'd like to get my hands on those beef ribs.

What is it with you and those little pictures?
They make my...stuff look bigger.. :shock: :D
Click on them and they get big....
It's a throw back to the days when Greg wouldn't let us post big pics.

wittdog said:
Captain Morgan said:
well sir, I'd like to get my hands on those beef ribs.

What is it with you and those little pictures?
They make my...stuff look bigger.. :shock: :D
Click on them and they get big....
It's a throw back to the days when Greg wouldn't let us post big pics.

No...it's friggin annoying cuz Webshots takes FOREVER to load ...even when I'm at work on fiber!
Ditch em !

After clicking your thumb, ...waiting.... then choosing full size.... (sigh)... Yes it does look good! :roll: :LOL:

(deep breath.....) Thank you. :)

Fine vittles fer sure! Them bacon dogs sell real good round these parts in the summer. Lots a customers buyin em fer family pickniks an reunions.

Beef ribs er great, tough ta find em round here with any meat on em, but when I do they be an excellent treat!

80 pounds a butt fer sausage eh, you gonna be a busy boy!

Nice work.

Wow, I also am really impressed with the amount of meat on the ribs. It all looks really good. Sounds like Dave has a busy day tomorrow with the Easter suasage. I'm anxiously looking forward to the pics.

The only thang I can say about beef ribs is don't ever buy backribs...less you want to make soup. The quest is for Short Ribs. That is the part that comes when a real butcher decides to turn a whole rib eye into the boneless model. Takes a bandsaw to make em into individual segments. Or a dedicated amateur could use a clean hack saw. Quality depends on grade. Get some off a cow raised in the shadow of Mt. Fujiyama..drinks beer and gets massaged in strategic locations is the best of course. I think they may even let em watch TV. Animal Planet most likely.

bigwheel

I guess I missed something...
Anyway Ribs were good...one of the boys friends was here and he also put a hurting on the ribs
Sausage is stuffed and in the smokehouse...we got an early start and an early finish (not counting the time it's going to take to smoke the sausage..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom